Thruxton

Tracks Thruxton 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maybe @Fabian Biehne could help if @James Skinner doesn't have time and have nothing against it. He's been making pretty good AI lines for many tracks.

Did an AI line, please try it out. As I’m not very familiar with this track I don’t know if my line is something "realistic". Also some curbs seem to unsettle the AI. I'm unsure if I should take the curbs out of the AI line.

Hi James, thanks again for this great track! Just found a hole half way down the pit wall at the bottom where my Moby Dick got wedged at a 45 degree angle nose first! Also could you please have a look at T3 with the dip at the apex witch is not there IRL. Thank you!

Just looked in the discord channel (AC custom shaders) and nope…no config for Thruxton yet. Only vao patch.

James Skinner updated Thruxton with a new update entry:

Thruxton 2.0 - 2021 Update

View attachment 460750

What started as a ‘quick job’ to add extra grid spots turned into a several weeks long complete reworking of the entire track using LiDAR data. Key updates listed below:

Track layout and elevations completely reworked using LiDAR data for increased accuracy.
High-res physical mesh with subtle bumps added for better road feel.
Added extra grid / pit spots for up to 32 cars.
Added new hospitality centre building and many more trackside objects.
Updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There a small error with trees in this screen shot from replay with cam-7.
20210402194950_1.jpg

You seem to have changed the folder name (and maybe name of track). This is a bit of hassle if you already have the old version of Thruxton as part of an ongoing championship. It means resetting the championship in order to use your new version (other solutions can be found too, but a little complicated).
Any chance you could put the old folder name/track name back?

Last edited:
You seem to have changed the folder name (and maybe name of track). This is a bit of hassle if you already have the old version of Thruxton as part of an ongoing championship. It means resetting the championship in order to use your new version (other solutions can be found too, but a little complicated).
Any chance you could put the old folder name/track name back?

Hi Billy,
Sorry I know that is a bit of a pain, but the reason I have changed the folder name is because the changes in the track were fairly significant so I wanted to be extra sure that there were no issues with people running different versions online etc - also any CSP vao patches and configs would have been wrong as everything has changed position slightly, so I made the difficult decision to rename it. You can rename it yourself by adjusting the folder name and track .kn5 name as well as the line in models.ini - agree it's a pain though, but I had my reasons for the change!

James

Hi Billy,
Sorry I know that is a bit of a pain, but the reason I have changed the folder name is because the changes in the track were fairly significant so I wanted to be extra sure that there were no issues with people running different versions online etc - also any CSP vao patches and configs would have been wrong as everything has changed position slightly, so I made the difficult decision to rename it. You can rename it yourself by adjusting the folder name and track .kn5 name as well as the line in models.ini - agree it's a pain though, but I had my reasons for the change!

James
Seems you had no choice bu to change name. Thanks for the reply.
And thanks for working on this great track and sharing it.

amazing update! just did a few laps with the peugeot 106 rallye and it's a blast.

the only 2 things that noted is:
1. the distance on the last chinane meter signs (300 / 200) seem to be different far off like on the first chicane with the same 300/200 m signs.

1st chicane
ZhhG9a0.jpg

last chicane
0Ydq6gU.jpg

R5xDaAU.jpg

2. cameras have too high fov and and no variation between min/max fov and hence they lack of the zoom effect.

Last edited:
Hey Leonardo - thanks for the feedback will take a look and fix those distance markers, which camera is this from ?- I don't think I have a camera at the angle in the last pic!

I was just using kseditor to get an idea though I could've just used F7 free camera. But it's very noticable, first chicane you see the 200 marker and you brake and on the last one you see the 200 mark and there's still like 200m more until the corner

Hey James, I love Thruxton have been there and had the pleasure of driving there on a few occasions. I’m looking forward to trying this new version. Where did you get the Lidar from?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.5%