Thrustmaster

Okay guys who have a fight between the DFGT and F430. I tried both for a review roundup and well the conclusion:

The pedals of the DFGT are crap:sick2:Bad response, very soft springs in it and a weird way to hold yer feet.
The DFGT's wheel is awesome, 19 buttons on the wheel seq shifter makes 21 + HATswitch makes erm.. a lot..
FFB is great, but it doesn't have paddles on the wheel.

The F430, it's pedals are good, not G25 level, but much better than the DFGT. Different strength between brake and throttle.. The brake pedals is stiff and gives a lot of information.

The wheel itself is less than DFGT. Only 270 deg, less buttons. It;s FFB is good and because of the belt drive it's smooth..Very nice paddles on the wheel (cold!!) and it makes a good impression.

If I had to choose.. I'm not sure... I would want the F430 pedals and the DFGT wheel I think with belt drive and F430 paddles :p.

Just to say, I have had an RGT Clutch Edition for over 14 months now and the gear paddles have stopped working. But, after an email to their customer support to report this, they are sending out replacements free of charge and I am more than happy.

You wont be disappointed, but it does take some getting used to and a lot of fiddling with settings to get it how you like it. I am still making small adjustments.

I got the F430 wheel last weekend and my initial impressions are that its a very solid piece of kit which suits my needs very well. I've never used a FFB wheel before so initially it took some getting used to and a bit of tweaking the strength in the Thrustmaster control panel and then in GTR Evo. I've got it to my liking now and it feels great. As was said above - pedals give a lot of resistance and I like the fact the brake pedal is bigger than the gas pedal (and you can unscrew them and swap them over if that suits you better).

I recommend it if you don't need the cluch pedal and seperate shifter that you get with the G25.

:mad:bought one before the 3 pedal version came out, although you could buy an extra pedal set and have four pedals, strangely enough. I had a problem with the digital gear paddles when the actuator snapped, a few emails to thrustmaster and the sent me some revised ones out (a full set plus microswitches when I only need the shift down one)with full step by step (in pictures) guide to swapping them. These had an extra gusset which improved the strength, changed both to be sure. I was told this DIY repair didn't invalidate my two year warranty and 2 years later it's still going strong.

Good solid wheel, excelent clamp, more than enough buttons, Analogiue and digital paddles (I actually use the analogue ones for gears now, very,very sensitive), very strong FFB and the best pedals I've ever used.

hi im looking for some advice on this problem you had with thrustmaster rgt i too have the same problem can you give me some info on the parts needed and if possible how too fit them cheers .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back