F1 2015 Thrustmaster TX with Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals: Wheel settings and Pedal Deadzone fix

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
****edit **** see below for deadzone settings using G27 pedals

TX Profiler

Rotation: 900
Overall Strength: 75
Constant: 100
Periodic: 100
Spring:0
Damper: 0
Auto-Center: by Game

Force feedback settings = 100/100/60

Advanced Options:
Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 60% (360/900 = 40%) 100%-40% = 60% (I prefer 65 which is 315 DOR)
Steering Linearity: 0%
Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Throttle Saturation: 0%
Brake Deadzone: 0%
Brake Saturation: 0%

Pedal Deadzone Fix
Since I'm using Fanatec CSR Elites connected via USB I went into actionmaps and made the follow changes. Changed Accelerate and Brake saturation from "1.0" to "0.0"

<ActionMap actionMapName="Fanatec_USB_Pedals" deviceName="{18390EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="5">
<Action actionName="Accelerate">
<Axis axisName="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="0.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="di_y_axis" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="0.0" />

Instead of selecting Thrustmaster TX select Fanatec USB Pedals than customize your buttons.

***Deadzone fix for G27 change Accelerate saturation to "1.05" and change break to "1.1"

Motionblur Fix:
Edit hardware_settings_config file by changing postprocess motionBlur to false

<postprocess motionBlur="false" godRays="true" depthOfField="true" lensStreak="true" lensFlare="true" bloom="true" rainBeads="true" />

After doing a few tweaks game is very enjoyable to play now. Hope this helps you all.

Last edited:
I am so sorry about the deadzone issue, it was fixed, it didn't make the first 2 patches. I am trying to make sure it gets there as soon as possible. I am penalised as well, since I use the Fanatec wheel with G25 pedals (bodnar cable)

I am so sorry about the deadzone issue, it was fixed, it didn't make the first 2 patches. I am trying to make sure it gets there as soon as possible. I am penalised as well, since I use the Fanatec wheel with G25 pedals (bodnar cable)
Can you comment about the braking, is it meant to be so sensitive to locking up, as in even 1% too much pressure and they go to full lock up? And then it feels like you have to release a lot to get them back to me. Am I just going to have to get used to it, or is this going to get patched slightly? I like that you have to be careful though, but at the moment it just seems very very sensitive

Can you comment about the braking, is it meant to be so sensitive to locking up, as in even 1% too much pressure and they go to full lock up? And then it feels like you have to release a lot to get them back to me. Am I just going to have to get used to it, or is this going to get patched slightly? I like that you have to be careful though, but at the moment it just seems very very sensitive
I hardly lock the tyres, they are very sensitive yes, and no, there will be no patch as it would need to tweak the longitudinal slip ratio for that, and, tyres will not be patched.

solution problem pedals Fanatec
open the file Action map in the f1 2015 steam Folder and found the Settings for fanatec usb pedals:
change the axes as shown in bold:

<ActionMap actionMapName="Fanatec_USB_Pedals" deviceName="{18390EB7-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="5">
<Action actionName="Accelerate">
<Axis axisName="di_x_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="di_y_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
</ActionMap>

Last edited:
I think the problem with locking tyres so easily while braking has to do with the Fanatec pedals. I also had that problem with my CSP V1. I moved the brake linearity all the way up to the max. It helped a bit, but I still locked tyres. But since I remapped braking to the clutch pedal, I hardly ever lock the tyres anymore. Braking has a completely different feel now and I got to get used to it.

If you are connecting your pedals usb you need to modify actionmap accelerate and brake saturation for that device like "Fanatec USB pedals" once in the game under settings scroll to you see your pedals not your wheel than customize the buttons.

Connecting G27 to Thrustmaster TX with Bodin Solutions BPA-TX-G27 http://www.bodin-solutions.com/BPA-TX-G27/cat1644579_2225973.aspx or with Ricmotech RMT-T500W2G27P http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm you make the change in the Thrustmaster actionmap that is for your rim like "F1" or "GTE" Change saturation to my edited post above.

@Keith Dixon I was not successful using Bodnar cable which shows up as "directinput" in the game

Instead of selecting Thrustmaster TX select Fanatec USB Pedals than customize your buttons.

I don't understand this. What do you mean by selecting the Fanatec USB pedals in the option menu. Once you select which ever wheel etc you have there is no way to customize the buttons. It won't allow you to. That's why I need to use Custom Profile. Unless there is a problem on my end the cursor won't go below to change the buttons...Please explain.

Thanks in Advance!

I don't understand this. What do you mean by selecting the Fanatec USB pedals in the option menu. Once you select which ever wheel etc you have there is no way to customize the buttons. It won't allow you to. That's why I need to use Custom Profile. Unless there is a problem on my end the cursor won't go below to change the buttons...Please explain.

Thanks in Advance!
To create a custom wheel config you cant just scroll down in the menu. You have to press a button first. It shows the xbox blue x as the button for me. So press whatever that is mapped to on your wheel. Then you should be able to crate a custom button setup

@nespolino go My F1 then select settings, then customize controls, then driving controls now you will see input devices. scroll to Fanatec USB Pedals then select whatever button on your wheel to get to customize settings. once done your input will say custom.

By selecting Fanatec USB Pedals it forces the game to use actionmap for Fanatec USB Pedals if you customize your wheel then game will look at actionmap for your wheel and not your pedals.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%