Thrustmaster TX/T300 settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently running the stock present and finding there is way too many canned affects and noise coming through the wheel for my liking.

From my knowledge, asides from the slip angle and engine is there any other canned effects I can eliminate?

I tried the wtcr Audi around hockenhiem national and it just felt odd in a straight line....the only thing I could compare the feeling to in rl is driving a vehicle with lockers that are slipping on a loose surface.

Looking to eliminate the canned effects and get a natural tire feel, tho I canlll

Cheers

Last edited:
The 5 effects at the bottom of the FFB list are all canned (I believe), I have 15% or so on the kerbs, just as a guide. I'm shot of the rest. Play about with your Vertical/Lateral settings first, I have both quite high but adjust with steering intensity, once I have the feel I want I sorted the rest out, don't be scared of going extreme at first then knocking it back as you go, have rack on 50%, minimum on 25%, running understeer at 100% at the moment and that's just about it. Now I have a knackered shoulder so it's wound right down on intensity but I get all the feel, just without the tears and of course this is all very subjective @Kurupt CDN, so all the above could well be tosh to you. By getting my V/L first it seemed to make it easier to bring the rest in individually, like I said, you may need to knock them back as once everything is in it can feel a bit like you have a couple flatties on the front.
Wish all wheel manufacturers had to use the same ECU, neither Devs or us would have an issue, must be a nightmare to sort out as going from a G27 to my TX300 was a revelation and totally different, like chalk and cheese. Made me quicker, which is the important thing!

Has the new physics changed the FFB much. I just bought a T300 last night and played RRRE, only to find the FFB slightly underwhelming if I am totally honest. The only feedback I get is when I enter a corner, beyond that there is totally zilch, nothing, motionless. The wheel doesn't budge an inch in a straight line. So when you mention canned effects I wonder what option I'm not following. I've selected the Thrustmaster T300 profile in the controller section but this surely can't be what the FFB actually is? Can it?!

After the December patch big changes were made to the FFB and car setups, and a few changes were made to some physics. To take full advantage of the changes, you need to delete any previous controller profiles you've been using and make a new one using the default profile for your wheel. Then you need to delete all your previous car setups and make sure you are starting with the default setups instead, which includes resetting the FFB multiplier for each car if you've changed it. Then you will be getting the full default FFB for your wheel, and can start making changes to suit your preferences.

I also have a T300 and the FFB feels great, even better than it was before the patch.

Yeah like I said in my post I only bought the t300 last night. So the issue of deleting previous profiles does not relate unfortunately. I will give it another go today and see what I can do. What settings are you using in the Thrustmaster control panel?

Maybe not, but the other stuff (deleting car setups, making sure FFB multipliers are default) does assuming you've played R3E in the past.

Everything set to 100%. I use in-game settings for tweaking, not the CP.
Right ok. That final part might be the reason I've come unstuck. The FFB model in AMS does all the work for your wheel so I have to switch certain things off entirely, that way AMS is allowed to spread it's FFB wings (!?). I'll put them all back on then and see what's up.

Er, I'm not sure that's correct to be honest. Turning things off doesn't mean your sims get to do anything extra. If anything, it'll remove forces the sim is trying to use. If a sim doesn't use a force then it isn't active anyway, so no need to turn it off. So yep, it could well be the issue behind your dead-feeling FFB right now. :)

Er, I'm not sure that's correct to be honest. Turning things off doesn't mean your sims get to do anything extra. If anything, it'll remove forces the sim is trying to use. If a sim doesn't use a force then it isn't active anyway, so no need to turn it off. So yep, it could well be the issue behind your dead-feeling FFB right now. :)
Obviously you don't have the time, but if you go through the Reiza forums it's mentioned over and over from punters stating that their FFB is sub par. They are then instructed to 0 their spring and damper settings and allow AMS to work it's witchcraft. Which is does rather nicely!

Also a seperate post on Reddit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200128-190253.png
    Screenshot_20200128-190253.png
    326.8 KB · Views: 155
Obviously you don't have the time...
Says who? :O_o: AMS FFB felt fine to me the last time I played it, which was quite some time ago admittedly. But to be honest, one sim requiring settings to be turned off in the CP is hardly indicative of something that is common in the genre. To me that's just a flaw in the that particular sim's FFB implementation.

Says who? :O_o: AMS FFB felt fine to me the last time I played it, which was quite some time ago admittedly. But to be honest, one sim requiring settings to be turned off in the CP is hardly indicative of something that is common in the genre. To me that's just a flaw in the that particular sim's FFB implementation.
All sims operate under different physics engines. 0'ing things in TM control panel isn't indicative of anything being flawed. It's just operating in a different manner to other Sims. Doesn't make it worse or better, just different. Don't worry about anymore advice, you are teetering into the realm of fanboy. I was after objective advice only, you seem unwilling or unable to offer that so no worries, have a great night!

They are then instructed to 0 their spring and damper settings and allow AMS to work it's witchcraft.
Then they are instructed wrong. There's zero reason to set spring and damper to 0 for AMS. Or any other current sim for that matter.

BTW, the Divinity guy in that Reddit screenshot has zero idea how those settings work. He's just saying things that have been obsolete for years (decade at least, possibly more). There's no "wheel profile interference" if you leave spring and damper at default 100%, and your FFB does not get better if you set them to 0. The game has to actively use those forces, otherwise they are completely ignored regardless of the setting. And if the game uses them, it doesn't mean it uses them strictly as damper, it can use them for other purposes (Dirt Rally series uses damper forces for some of the tyre feel, for example).

Raceroom is using some of the damper currently after the recent update, also not strictly for the damper. You absolutely should keep those at default 100 %, you're not gaining anything if you set those to 0, you're only losing stuff that is supposed to be there.

Last edited:
Don't worry about anymore advice, you are teetering into the realm of fanboy.
Don't worry, your attitude over a simple difference of opinion is pathetic and immature, so you won't be getting anymore help or advice from me. I've got far better things to do with my time than deal with people that are incapable of having a conversation without resorting to childish insults.

Don't worry, your attitude over a simple difference of opinion is pathetic and immature, so you won't be getting anymore help or advice from me. I've got far better things to do with my time than deal with people that are incapable of having a conversation without resorting to childish insults.
Right back at you bud. I'm constantly seeing you disagree with people on here, simply because they show a difference of opinion with you. And like you said, it's pathetic to watch. People can have a different opinion other than yours! Which I didn't anyways, I simply wanted to get the FFB working properly for a new wheel. And thank you Martin for explaining it in a much better manner rather than having snipes at other games other than your precious RRRE. Thanks again Martin :)

Right back at you bud. I'm constantly seeing you disagree with people on here, simply because they show a difference of opinion with you.
A difference of opinion is a disagreement, genius. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with disagreements, it's how people react to them that matters. I can have a disagreement in a civil conversation without any need to call people names, or question their integrity or intelligence. People like you can't, and that's what is actually pathetic to watch on forums these days.

Show me where I tried to force you to agree with me. I didn't. How me where I tried to close down the conversation because your opinion is different than mine. Again, I didn't. Show me where I claimed that R3E is the best ever sim, better than all others, and can do no wrong. In reality I routinely criticise R3E for the flaws I believe it has, and FYI I was and still am a big fan of AMS and can't wait for it's sequel.

I could quite easily show you where you reacted very immaturely to the fact I don't agree with you. I could quite easily show you your reaction when I dared to suggest that a sim you enjoy might have a flaw, which, FYI, was incredibly similar to the way a "fanboy" usually reacts. I could quite easily show you where you resorted with a petty insult rather than a valid argument and wanted to shut down the conversation because you couldn't handle it.

But yeah, I'm the one who can't conduct myself properly. What a joke. :rolleyes:

If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%