Thrustmaster TX leather Edition buttons iddle

Hi everybody!

I play with a PC with a wheel/pedals Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition. The wheel and the pedals are well detected by the game, the wheel rotation is OK, the speeds shifts up/down are OK, accelerating and braking are OK. The problem is that none of the wheel internal buttons are active. This means I cannot switch cameras, not stop the game for a few seconds or minutes. This is the only game for which I have this issue, for example, the original Assetto Corsa works fine.

May be a minor thing to fix but I'm at the level 0 regarding videos games expertise, sorry for that.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Are you perfectly sure that those wheel buttons were well assigned in the options ?
If they are, you should maybe redo the assignments and save the preset.

So, in case of such a problem happening again, simply reload this preset should solve it.

I have a T300RS wheel, Fanatec CSP V2, keyboard + a Streamdeck as button box and they are all working perfectly.
But rarely at random something is happening and I need to reload my preset....

Thank you again Jempy.

I obviously did not do the right thing about my wheel buttons because I do not know how to do that. In the option menu I did not find the procedure to assign the buttons to one particular function. Could you please tell me how to do the assignments you are talking about? I feel a little bit ashamed asking for such basic information, but as I already mentioned, I'm starting from ground level.

Than you for helping.

In the option menu I did not find the procedure to assign the buttons to one particular function.

According to your sentence here above, I think you try to do the contrary of what needs to be done.
1) find in the function list the one you wish to assign to a button or keystroke
2) already think about which button or keystroke you will choose for this function.
( the meaning of this is to reserve the wheel buttons for what is most essential on track )
3) In the options for "bindings" you have 3 columns: wheel - joystick - keyboard ( from left to righ )
for each function you can choose one of those 3 possibilities.
4) for wheel button assignment: for the wished function ...click wiht the mouse on the O ( or something else if it is already used ) ... you get 3 points ... this means it's waiting for your button choice ... click on this wheel button .... That's done.

Idem for all other functions ( choosing the function, the controller colum where you wish to assign it .... click and use the chosen button or keystroke.
Creating a new assignment on a already chosen button or keystroke will succeed but the assignment that was done before for this same button will be ... reinitialized to O.

So first of all ... try to know which function you need the most on the wheel as for example:
- Cycle MFD
- movements in a choice menu: left - right - up - down ... and confirm ( you'll need them to modify the pitstop presets )
- pitlimiter
- if not automatic: lights
- if not automatic: wipers.
etc ....

I think I'm rather complete and clear here ... but if needed, ask more.

EDIT and while I'm at it ... if your controllers are often taken out of the USB ... check that the next time you always use the same USB for each controller.

Last edited:
Seems to be so easy.
This reminds me one Marx Brothers' movies (may be "duck soup"?) where somebody is bringing a message to Groucho and asking him: do you understand? And Groucho answering: even a 5 year-old kid would understand that! Then, after a quick look to the message, Groucho says: go and get me a 5 year-old kid... Fortunately, I have a 5 year-old grandson...

Thank's to the crystal clear explanations of Jempy, my wheel buttons are working fine now. I switched my game to English which made things easier. There are 6 push buttons inside the TX wheel, I made the following assignments for those:
10/Y: Cycle HUD MFD
3/X: Enter
5/A: Down
9/B: Pause
4: Left
6: Right

Later, I may switch "Enter" to "Up" because so far, I didn't see the use of the" Enter" function.
I can do a lot from the wheel during a race now.

Thus issue solved and thread closed.

Did you use the POD for the directions up-down-left-right ? ... I'm nearly sure the TX wheel has one.
It's a 4 in one ... so with it you'll spare 4 buttons for other assignments. ;)

This drawing comes from my wheel user manual. I never used the 7/8/13 commands, I have no idea how to use this switch.
When you mean POD, is this the D-PAD? I'm not sure this D-PAD being very practical when racing as compared to basic push buttons, however, I should test it before making a definitive statement about it.

1582985141782.png

It's well the D-Pad I meant .... with a big advantage for up-down-left-right: 1 only finger is needed ( mostly thumb ) and it's a logical movement as the 4 commands will be assigned according to their logical position and meaning as it is in a cross form !

So it's very easy to use it while driving.... but also for all menus in game as it's also working that way in the menus ( Setup and much more in most options menus ) ;)
NB: that's why a "Enter" is sometimes needed: simply to confirm and lauch the chosen option.

The push buttons are then free for many more commands: lights - wiper - pit limiter - starter - MFD - TC - ABS etc ...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%