THRUSTMASTER TSS Handbrake RUBBER MOD

M D Gourley

Premium
Hello everyone,
UPDATED IN BELOW POSTS
I have a Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod and like it a lot, but it does not have a load cell for that progressive feel so it's quite difficult to gauge how far to pull back to get just that right amount...although I may just put a rubber grommet in the top opening to have something to hit the handle shaft against...lol
Tried a quick Rubber Mod and it works a treat, just by placing the rubber in the top slot (see attached photos) which stays in place nicely with one of the internal bars supporting it.
The rubber is firm enough so when the handle is pulled back then hits the rubber I feel the resistance utilizing muscle memory but the rubber is also soft enough that I can pull back on the handle with reasonable force to get the full 100% range of motion / travel set up in the Calibration software,...the rubber compresses a good 50%....I might play around with different rubber densities later.
1 THRUSTMASTER TSS HANDBRAKE Rubber MOD.jpg
2 THRUSTMASTER TSS HANDBRAKE Rubber MOD.jpg

UPDATED RUBBER MOD:
The Rubber mod was working great until I noticed the rubber being cut by the edge of the Thrustmaster Ali Casing as the edge is quite sharp and there is a fair amount of pressure in this area ...Solution below, Duck taped a large 15mm diameter top Ali Rivet to the rubber mod edge, and even though the TSS casing may cut through the duck tape the Rivet should still stay in place, When the Rivet wears out, just replace.
PHOTOS BELOW
BIGGER UPDATE BELOW...

Last edited:
I tried something alike when I had my Aiologs handbrake. I just wonder why manufacturers don't implement ideas like these. It's a minimum cost and the feeling of the brake may be vastly improved.

Upvote 0
3 TSS HANDBRAKE RUBBER Rivot MOD 1 web.jpg
UPDATED RUBBER MOD:
The Rubber mod was working great until I noticed the rubber being cut by the edge of the Thrustmaster Ali Casing as the edge is quite sharp and there is a fair amount of pressure in this area ...Solution below, Duck taped a large 15mm diameter top Ali Rivet to the rubber mod edge, and even though the TSS casing may cut through the duck tape the Rivet should still stay in place, When the Rivet wears out, just replace.
1 TSS HANDBRAKE RUBBER Rivot MOD 1 web.jpg
2 TSS HANDBRAKE RUBBER Rivot MOD 1 web.jpg

Upvote 0
BIGGER UPDATE and EXISTING MOD TO DATE
Well...lol...the Rivet did an ok job but slide around from side to side and the TSS casing still managed to contact the rubber at the edges when compressed...so I found a bigger diameter Bolt and washer that filled up the area more and this does a better job with no sideways movement from the Bolt....and thinking on this a half round metal Bolt / metal shaft of some sort would be ideal as the rubber would rest against the flat side of the metal shaft and the curved half round side fitting snugly into the curved TSS Casing....might look at this later.
Not bad for just 15minutes work with items found around the House...lol
Bigger Diameter Bolt and Washer compared to Rivet previously used.
4 TSS HANDBRAKE RUBBER bolt MOD web.jpg

Independently wrapped the rubber and Bolt in Duck Tape.
5 TSS HANDBRAKE RUBBER bolt MOD web.jpg

6 TSS HANDBRAKE RUBBER bolt MOD web.jpg
7 TSS HANDBRAKE RUBBER bolt MOD web.jpg
8 TSS HANDBRAKE RUBBER bolt MOD web.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%