Thrustmaster TS-PC System

Very nice rim, I hope it will be available separately at a reasonable price. I sort of wish they would make a new version of the Formula rim with many buttons. It does not have to include the screen but a couple of buttons for MGU-K settings and all that jazz would be a cool thing. But i see where they are going with the new rim, a lot of GT cars nowadays are switching away from traditional round rims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was rumored the next Thrustmaster wheel would be Direct Drive. Is this the one? They dont mention it in the press release.

Edit: I checked the price and it seems way too low compared to current DD wheels, so I guess it was just a rumor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the rumored DD wheel was the TM T700 which was rumored to be released around the same time as the new Sony/ PD Gran Turismo title. since the wheel they used had T700 but quickly removed by TM and now not much shown nor talked about, but Kaz had it in his hands while showcasing latest Gran Turismo and talked about DD wheel impact and how much more detailed controls are...but nothing since then.

Upvote 0
The press release doesn't mention belts or cogs. But the price implies it's no competitor for direct drive wheels. And the statement about more power wood put it up in the 8-10Nm range maximum, which is below any existing direct drive (but above any current belt driven wheels).

We'll see within a few months what it can really do. If it really does offer ~8Nm for that price and offers decent compatibility it will probably be a big hit.

Upvote 0
the rumored DD wheel was the TM T700 which was rumored to be released around the same time as the new Sony/ PD Gran Turismo title. since the wheel they used had T700 but quickly removed by TM and now not much shown nor talked about, but Kaz had it in his hands while showcasing latest Gran Turismo and talked about DD wheel impact and how much more detailed controls are...but nothing since then.
Like any company they first put out the new model. Than few months later when sales peak has gone they put out the new king.
So half of their previous customers are tempted to buy one again.

Upvote 0
Like any company they first put out the new model. Than few months later when sales peak has gone they put out the new king.
So half of their previous customers are tempted to buy one again.
The recent press release referred to it as something like the ultimate pc wheel for the fastest sim racers, and basically implied it was their new high end offering.

Moreover, the original GT Sport post that started the TM DD discussion never actually stated the wheel was DD, and Fanatec owner Thomas Jackermaier, who was at the event, stated the wheel was obviously belt driven.

I think Kaz' comments were either misinterpreted, or mistranslated.

I could be wrong, but I doubt very much a higher end/DD wheel is coming from Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
I just hope they sell this rim for it in the future...
thrustmaster-front768x576.jpg

I like driving Road cars sometimes and when I do it feels wrong with an F1 rim :D

Upvote 0
The recent press release referred to it as something like the ultimate pc wheel for the fastest sim racers, and basically implied it was their new high end offering.

Moreover, the original GT Sport post that started the TM DD discussion never actually stated the wheel was DD, and Fanatec owner Thomas Jackermaier, who was at the event, stated the wheel was obviously belt driven.

I think Kaz' comments were either misinterpreted, or mistranslated.

I could be wrong, but I doubt very much a higher end/DD wheel is coming from Thrustmaster.

I have my doubts too, wheels with more than 8Nm wheels are getting dangerous to mass market.
Especially in countries like the US. If some kid brakes a finger you get sued for 3 million.

If i was Thrustmaster i would have made sure the torque would be slightly ahead of Fanatecs CSW v2 that outputs 7 Nm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This base looks really promising! They say it has 1.6 times more power than T300. So we may expect around 6 Nm. Not bad! 7 Nm of Fanatec CSV V2 is more than enough in my opinion. The only drawback is formula rim..

Upvote 0
It's weird, I have an OSW yet I'm still excited about this wheel. I want my friend to buy it.

I always found the T500RS to be much more fun and alive than the T300RS/TX. Less fine detail and fidelity but overall much more fun, engaging, power, speed, etc. So the ultimate wheel would be the power of the T500RS with the smoothness and fidelity of the T300RS/TX and it lools like that's exactly what the TS-PCR is plus probably even more power than the T500RS.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back