Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Settings in Windows 10?

Still fiddling with my new TS-PC Racer wheelbase, and am mostly using the F1 add-on rim with it. Consequently I want to limit the wheel rotation to 360 in many of my sims to increase steering response.

What should I have the wheel rotation set to in the Thrustmaster Windows 10 "properties"? Leave at default (900) and change the rotation settings in-game only? That doesn't seem to work for me in, for example, rFactor or iRacing. In rFactor "wheel range" remains at 900 and is unchangeable. While iRacing has sliders, I don't sense any difference in the steering response.

Or change it to 360 in the Thrustmaster "properties"? But when I do that, the wheel rotation is limited to 360 while in the "properties" window (as it should be), but then it's back to full rotation again when I enter a sim. It's as if the sim overrides the Windows setting.

So where should I have my wheel rotation set it in Windows - and then where should it be set in any sims that support this type of adjustment? Bottom line is that I want to increase steering response as much as possible.

Thanks,
Bert

There is an option in the controller tab in windows where you can allow the game to regulate the rotations.
In rfactor2 f.e., if you allow the game to change rotation, the game adjust what the driven car has.
So if you uncheck the option in the windows controller tab, and set your 360° it should also change in the sim.
I always prefer to have the original rotation because it's more immersive and rotation of wheel in game is equal to ffb wheel. Crucial in VR.
Why do you want to have it at 360°?

Upvote 0
There is an option in the controller tab in windows where you can allow the game to regulate the rotations.
In rfactor2 f.e., if you allow the game to change rotation, the game adjust what the driven car has.
So if you uncheck the option in the windows controller tab, and set your 360° it should also change in the sim.
I always prefer to have the original rotation because it's more immersive and rotation of wheel in game is equal to ffb wheel. Crucial in VR.
Why do you want to have it at 360°?

Hello again, Dan. Thanks for your continuing efforts to help me get set up.

What do you mean by "controller tab in Windows"? I'm looking at Thrustmaster's Control Panel > Properties (accessed from a shortcut on my Windows 10 desktop) and I don't see any option to allow the game to regulate rotations. <shrug> There's an option to allow the game control auto-centering, but that's about it.

If I could leave Thrustmaster's rotation angle setting at default in their control panel, and adjust as needed, in-game (as you suggest), that would be ideal. But there are sims (rF2 comes to mind) where the rotation angle is not adjustable in-game (at least with some of the cars I drive).

Why do I want it at 360? -- Because I just got the F1 Ferrari add-on rim and want to use it most of the time. It's not the kind of rim that's compatible with switching hand positions when turning the wheel, so I'd like to limit it to 360.

Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back