Thrustmaster TMX FFB inop after 1 use

Hello all, returning to sim racing after about a 15 year hiatus with college and career, moving, all that nonsense. Picked up a TMX from amazon and after playing one session in Wreckfest, the next morning I had no FFB. Conditions as follows:
  • Wheel still works in the sense of position and buttons in Wreckfest, but it doesn't work at all in PCars 2.
  • The wheel still turns left and right during power on, so it doesn't seem like a hardware issue.
  • None of the test effects work in the Thrustmaster control panel.
  • Installed on a second PC, and same deal there.
  • Performed Bootloader firmware update per Thrustmaster instructions, all seemed to go as it should, but had no effect on the problem.
Sooo pretty frustrating. I've emailed Thrustmaster but coming up on 24 hours w no response. I ordered a T300 RS at the same time from a different seller which has not yet arrived, and at this point I regret giving Thrustmaster any of my money. The goal is to have a 4 station sim racing setup by next summer, and I'm already looking at at least one, hopefully two direct drive wheels, but in the meantime the entry level stuff is where my budget is at. I promise I'll update this post if and when I hear back from Thrustmaster or simply return to Amazon, but if anyone has any other ideas I'd be glad to hear em.
Regards,
Flyin' Ryan

Update, I received an email back with instructions to bootload the firmware , which I did a second time, and a request for my address info and a copy of the invoice, photo of mfg label with S/N and a video of the wheel not working with the TM control panel onscreen.
My initial email was 4:50pm Thurs
TM email reply 2:40pm Fri
I replied at 10:50pm Fri with the requested photos and vid uploaded to their cloud, have only received an automated email immediately after sending.
Not too impressed with this level of customer service. It could be worse, but how anyplace doesn't have at least live chat in this day and age is beyond me.
Stay tuned. Stay classy.

Upvote 0
TM has instructed me to return it to Amazon. I really don't understand how it's a defective unit since the motor works fine on power on, but maybe the board is bad and the lock to lock motion on powerup is seperate logic? Stupid magic pixies. Electronics are the work of the devil.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back