Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter

I finally received my Thrustmaster TH8A shifter today after multiple delays it seems. The original release date was Sept. 1 in the US, but every week it got pushed back. Amazon shipped it Friday and I received it today by USPS. Thank you Amazon for that Sunday delivery.

I just wanted to say there's not much to talk about this shifter if you already own a TH8RS which I do also. The TH8A is practically identical except that is has two different cables that can be connected, one cable that connects the shifter directly to the Thrustmaster TX or T300 wheels for console compatibility, and one cable that connects it directly by USB for PC compatibility.

It appears to be exactly the same as the Th8RS other than this, except it sure sounds louder and a bit "clicky" when moving the shifter around compared my TH8RS. I haven't opened the TH8A to see if anything is different internally, but there is no question that it makes a little more noise for some reason.

My RS shifter has arrived today, next step is to get to know what cars use what shifters. I know some but will need info on others.

Some games are really strict about using the correct shifter, some are more relaxed and will let you use the shifter however you want. Most ISI Motor engine games don't care what type of shifter you want to use. If you want to use an H-Pattern in a car that should be sequential, you can. Then there's games like iRacing and Assetto Corsa that will not let you use whatever type shifter you want, only the shifter that is in the real vehicle.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years