Thrustmaster T500RS sold out?

Just looking at dutch shops and everywere i look the TM 500 is sold out, unknown delivery date.
Before Saitek announced the release of the X55 Hotas, suddenly all X65F hotas models were sold out. Saitek was backing up all X65F controllers for the X55 to take its place.
So...is Thrustmaster working on something new? Does anybody has any idea why all TM 500's are sold out? Because of the PS4?

Thrustmaster rebranded the T500RS with new GT6 packaging in late November. I'm pretty sure all stocks are being refreshed with new boxes. You can see the new box art from the 29 November post on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterRacingTeam

If you look at Bol.com you can see that they are referring to the 2013 model of the T500RS, I think it has a new stock part number and is therefore appearing as a new item in many stock systems.

Upvote 0
There has also been some suggestion that the new models may have some internal upgrades - mainly a better fan and smoother motor but, that's not been confirmed.

Upvote 0
Based on the GTPlanet T500RS thread discussions, the latest T500RS devices have compression springs (not the older torsion ones), a bigger thicker fan which is oriented differently to the early models, and the most recent change is that there used to be a circular set of holes on the top panel for the fan airflow which is closed off in recent T500RS models.

Upvote 0
Yeah, see there were two prices: 400 euro and 500 euro's. The 400 euro's are out of stock, with a unknown delivery date. The 500 euro wheels are still in stock but very rare to been seen.
Thanks for all info, i will wait for a few month, see what has happened. And Skazz, i will dive into the GTplanet thread. Thanks for the info! (I was hoping they would implement a super high tech quick release system...)

Upvote 0
Yeah, see there were two prices: 400 euro and 500 euro's. The 400 euro's are out of stock, with a unknown delivery date. The 500 euro wheels are still in stock but very rare to been seen.
Thanks for all info, i will wait for a few month, see what has happened. And Skazz, i will dive into the GTplanet thread. Thanks for the info! (I was hoping they would implement a super high tech quick release system...)

high tech quick release on a piece of plastic? :p -take a laugh and don't bash

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back