Thrustmaster T500rs or G27 Logitech ?

Dux

Simracer since 99 / 3D Engineer & Game Developer
I am planning on getting something new and replace my *ancient* Formula Force FX Logitech for something new once and for all.

The fact that some simulations, like Assetto Corsa, where cars that have H-shifters instead DSG behind the wheel, i know its required H-shifter for your steering wheel since that way is quicker.

I am not really some guru in making it on my own, like many people had done, and when i see their sim-racing place in the room looks alike alien ship!

I am talking for good quality wheel, which will be removed after 2-3 hours of driving.
Obviously my first choice is G27 Logitech due to the H-shifter but some say, T500rs is better.

Now i want to hear if anyone of you has some experience and help me decide...

If money is an issue the tx is as equally as good as the t500 and is $200-300 cheaper tho you get a cheaper pedal set and a rim upgrade is a must.....that being said your looking at the same price as a t500.
I started with a g27 which I quite enjoyed but lacked ffb strength and was quite noisy.
I upgraded to a fanatec gt3 with csr elite pedals but was less than impressed with it compared to the g27. It was heavy, ffb was numb due to thick rim and was slow in response. None of my games ever felt right. A few months ago I landed a good deal on a tx for $220 cdn and absolutely love it. The base rim is a bit cheap but manageable, I upgraded to a gte rim $125 and it brought the setup to a whole new level.

Upvote 0
I personally think its very big minus that T500rs doesnt have H-shifter.

Buying and installing separately would demand something else, which is unlikely to happen

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree it's a bit disappointing I also miss the amount of map able buttons available with the g27, but I was able to overlook that factor once I felt the strength and quality in ffb.
It's up to the user and what they value more, either way you cant go wrong as they are both excellent products :)

Upvote 0
The T500 is a better wheel but you will have to buy the shifter separate so it all depends on your budget.

Agreed, basically after adding a TH8RS shifter, you're well over 2x as much as a G27 currently. That being said, its well worth the money for a T500 and TH8RS over a G27 to me, that was exactly the route I went.

Upvote 0
I personally thing its very big minus that T500rs doesnt have H-shifter.

Buying and installing separately would demand something else, which is unlikely to happen

It is a disappointment but the TH8RS or TH8A are both much better shifters than the G27 shifter. The G27 shifter feels like a plastic toy compared to the TH8RS or TH8A.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years