Thrustmaster T500RS July 2014 drivers & V42 firmware problem

I have just updated my T500RS to the July 2014 drivers and firmware V42. Heads up on firmware upgrade. Don't use USB 3 as it messes up firmware upgrade!!! Use USB 2.0 and all will be fine.
wink.png

Now I finally have July 2014 drivers and firmware V42 the Control options menu in rf2 runs very very laggy. Anyone else getting this problem?

Thanks.

@Kevin Cox

I concur Kevin, there is a problem with the new drivers and rFactor 2, but only with the T500RS. I have no issues with the TX. I just installed the new drivers for my brothers T500 wheel and as soon as you go to the configure controls, it starts lagging badly and becomes almost completely unresponsive. As long as you stay out of the controls menu, it seems to work fine but as soon you as you enter that menu, its screwed until you exit out of the game. Just FYI though, its not the firmware causing it, its strictly the drivers. I ended up keeping the new firmware on his T500 and rolling the drivers back to the 2013_TT4 drivers which work fine.

EDIT: The problem exists on the TX also, however it doesn't seem to be the wheel that's the problem. It seems to be the new drivers when using the TH8RS shifter. When I encountered the issue yesterday on my brother's T500 wheel, he was using a TH8RS shifter. It never occurred to me that it could be the shifter. I have the new drivers installed on my PC's at home also. I connected up my T500 (no shifter) tonight and it didn't have any freezes, however when I connected my TX with TH8RS, it started freezing in the control menu.

Kevin are you using a TH8RS shifter? If so, you will have no choice but to roll back drivers until this bug is fixed unless you want to disconnect the shifter for rFactor 2.

Last edited:
You install the latest drivers. Make sure Windows has fully recognized your wheel and the bottom right hand corner of the screen isn't showing that Windows is still looking for drivers. After that is done, go to firmware update in the Windows Start Menu in the Thrustmaster folder.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%