Thrustmaster T300RS Problems

Hey,

i´ve got my T300RS a week ago and it was pretty fun to drive in Assetto Corsa Competitione.

I´ve played with the standard settings drivers & game, from the beginning the Wheel smells like hot electronics/plasitc even if the case was not warm at all. So to be safe i turned on the forced cooling mode...

Now a week with plenty of hours driving i am unhappy with the power of FFB it feels less than the first days... i tried out some other settings like 100% in the drivers and 80% gain ingame but i dont know... i´am not happy with it.

If i use the 'Test Forces' inside the driver settings it feels much stronger :unsure:

Is my wheel damaged or is this a game problem ?
I have already reinstalled the windows wheel drivers and resetted the ACC settings.
Another strange thing is that i have to restart the game after tweaking the settings, if not i have 0 FFB and its all super smooth :sick:

A friend of mine own a Logitech G29 and tells me that he has pretty strong FFB on the same Tracks. The T300RS should have more torque than the G29 or am i wrong ?
Unless i lose grip and throw the car off the track it feels like i can drive with one hand even if the FFB diagram is at high values.

Maybe someone can help me.
I don´t know if i should send the wheel back... the next step to Fanatec is a bit expencive :rolleyes:
Unfortunately i have no other games to test it there.

greetings
Xority

Another question to the T300:

If i keep it plugged in and turn of the computer there is something like a 'coil whine' is that normal ?
Its a slight high-pitched sound, but i can hear it when nothing else is turned on in the room. (don´t call me crazy lol)
At first i was thinking its the cooler but its not :D
I have to unplug usb to stop that sound... its still in the power socket.

My Idea was to keep the usb connection so the wheel is not calibrating each day, cuz it hits the end positions strongly at this process.

At the moment the other things get better, so i think i will keep the wheel.
It is the transformer. I have seen many psu's doing this and while I do not consider it to be a problem , I find it annoying indeed. I Do also suppose you don't have fan always on (you absolutely should) , because it would continue turning if usb port gives 5V when PC is off.

Upvote 0
Okay thanks for all your comments.

After the last days with high temps and playing some hours with windows opened i think the smell become less intense.. but today windows closed i´ve noticed that its still there :(
it´s day 10 and that bothers me some way...

The FFB is okay if i choose the right car the feeling is okay.

I´ve got an email from amazon that my t300rs gt what i´ve ordered on 13.07.20 will probably arrive at 19.08.20 so i am thinking of sending this one back and hoping the next will be better.. mhhh

thats 30€ more for a 3. pedal that i will not use without shifter but maybe its better, maybe even worse :rolleyes:

taking decisions is not my best skill lol

Upvote 0
I got my t300 rs just today , i have set everithing at hardware and driver level (firmware forced fan mode etc) , so far so good but I have a question since this thread is mentioning the power plug : usually with my tmx i play for a couple of hours , then leave the pc on for let say 30 min and then i shut down the pc and unplug only the tmx from the wall (well pushing a button on the outlet that is). Question is , will the fan on the t300 stays on even after unplugging the power cord ? Do i.have to unpug the usb aswell ? Opinions on correct behaviour are very welcome since im a bit paranoid hearing the failure rate of these units ... Thank you in advance

Upvote 0
I try to avoid all these questions by cutting off power to the rig completely.

All devices (PC, Monitors, seat electrics, soundsystem and wheelbase) are connected to switchable plug,
so when everything is powered down i disconnect it from the grid.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
This is what i use, have added labels.

Upvote 0
Quick update from the last couple of days : my new t300 seem to work as intended , fan always on as suggested , and if I unplug it from the wall , even with the pc still plugged , the fan will stop (no need to unplug the usb). So the ritual is this : couple hours in use , then stop driving , then wait 20 30 minutes before shutting down the pc , then unplug the wheel power cord. Seems to work (i had a little bit of plastic/electric smell the first couple of days, but it seems to fade off now .... I think it s just that new motor/glue/plastic warming smell .... At least I hope)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back