Thrustmaster T300 opinions

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
I see they are starting to deliver this wheel and I would like to hear peoples opinions on it from people that receive delivery. Its step up from the G27 in price and I think it's going to appeal to a lot of people.

Last edited:
I see they are starting to deliver this wheel and I would like to hear peoples opinions on it. Its step up from the G27 in price and I think it's going to appeal to a lot of people.
Wait it's more expensive than the G27?
Hmm.. That's odd. Perhaps it's just because of the brand? Thrustmaster tend to be quite expensive for some reason.

It's got 1080 degree steering, but other than that, I can't really see anywhere else it's got an advantage over the G27.

I suppose if you get some better pedals, then it'd be very nice, because the standard pedals look pretty poor.

Upvote 0
From what I read it's belt driven and has brushless servos and magnetic sensor instead of optics. It's basically the same tech as the t500.

Upvote 0
Ahh, well, that changes things.
In that case, if it's combined with some higher quality pedals, then it'll be an absolute peach!

Upvote 0
I will be getting my T300 on Thursday (Australia) just in time for father's day. they should go good with my clubsport V2 pedals just hope I will be able to set it up in GSC2013 without a driver for the wheel.

Upvote 0
I've already posted a website review for the T300 here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/thrustmaster-t300rs-review.91874/

And its basically the same wheel as a Thrustmaster TX which has plenty of user feedback here in this forum. Just look through the hardware forum for the Thrustmaster TX and you'll find all you need to know about the T300RS.

@Chris Stacey

And yes, its considerably better than a G27, not even close really. The pedals are lacking but easily replaceable with the T3PA pedals or a set of T500 pedals.

Upvote 0
I've already posted a website review for the T300 here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/thrustmaster-t300rs-review.91874/

And its basically the same wheel as a Thrustmaster TX which has plenty of user feedback here in this forum. Just look through the hardware forum for the Thrustmaster TX and you'll find all you need to know about the T300RS.

@Chris Stacey

And yes, its considerably better than a G27, not even close really. The pedals are lacking but easily replaceable with the T3PA pedals or a set of T500 pedals.
yeah I know it's the same line as the tx but it is a different run and there is differences it's supposed to run cooler and have better input from sensors and so on. Just like the same car from different years have changes. Maybe they changed motor manufacturers to get the price down and they run hotter. Who knows. So maybe not all we need to know. :)

Upvote 0
yeah I know it's the same line as the tx but it is a different run and there is differences it's supposed to run cooler and have better input from sensors and so on. Just like the same car from different years have changes. Maybe they changed motor manufacturers to get the price down and they run hotter. Who knows. So maybe not all we need to know. :)

Seriously doubt there's any differences other than 1080 degrees of rotation vs 900 on the TX. If you think about it, its cheaper for TM to produce the same wheel in a slightly different package than it is it to produce two different wheels.

Upvote 0
Do you know for sure? Please source your data I would be interested in tech and manufacturing specs. Since Thrustmaster keeps that data close to its vest we probably won't have access to it. So the final conclusion will come once it reaches the consumers hands. That's kinda what I'm looking for and the intention of this post since it's just starting to ship.

Upvote 0
I think a great margin is payed to microsoft for the x-box logo and compatibility, that's why TX is more expensive. Also that is where the X in the tx300 stands for.
Thrustmaster probably need to pay less for Playstation compatibility.

Upvote 0
I think a great margin is payed to microsoft for the x-box logo and compatibility, that's why TX is more expensive. Also that is where the X in the tx300 stands for.
Thrustmaster probably need to pay less for Playstation compatibility.
Tha'ts an interesting take and probably has some validity, but it's T300, the tx300 were the pedals for the tx if I'm not mistaken

Upvote 0
Do you know for sure? Please source your data I would be interested in tech and manufacturing specs. Since Thrustmaster keeps that data close to its vest we probably won't have access to it. So the final conclusion will come once it reaches the consumers hands. That's kinda what I'm looking for and the intention of this post since it's just starting to ship.

Probably as close as you're going to get unless someone physically opens both wheels.

Upvote 0
Actually i have read and seen it all, I was hoping to start a thread that was input from people that have actually received from shipping, but nevermind. Post didn't go at all in direction intended LOL

Upvote 0
Actually i have read and seen it all, I was hoping to start a thread that was input from people that have actually received from shipping, but nevermind. Post didn't go at all in direction intended LOL

I've only read of one or two people that have received one already and they were in Australia. Somehow they were available there first, however those people didn't have a TX to compare it to. Unfortunately, if you're looking for actual photos of what's inside the wheel base, you're not likely to get those anytime soon. I don't think anyone is going to open a fully warrantied T300 just to see if its the same as the TX when it can all be inferred that its basically the same wheel based on all other indications and data available.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing