Thrustmaster T300 - Belt noise in almost brand new wheel

Hello,
I've buy T300RS GT Edition few days ago. FFB on 60%, so the wheel is not used on full FFB settings.
I am having exactly the same noise as in this video.
Is that normal, or i have to worry about this?

But if its only the belt you can probably tighten the belt without voiding the warranty, and not much fuss.. You just open the wheel base, loosen a bit the motor and pull it a bit upwards.dont overtighten.

Also you can run 100% ffb it can handle it. Just make sure to ALWAYS have the fan operate at always on mode (MODE & Button 8). This will save your precious wheel from all the problems it's famous about and will give you lot's of joy.

Upvote 0
But if its only the belt you can probably tighten the belt without voiding the warranty, and not much fuss.. You just open the wheel base, loosen a bit the motor and pull it a bit upwards.dont overtighten.

Also you can run 100% ffb it can handle it. Just make sure to ALWAYS have the fan operate at always on mode (MODE & Button 8). This will save your precious wheel from all the problems it's famous about and will give you lot's of joy.
I'm affraid of warranty rules, so im not gonna repair this.. thats pitty, because as You said it will be 10 minutes to fix it.. But what if the wheel has the guarantee-seal on one of the screws? My warranty will be done :/

Upvote 0
I only have the T500 and the belt has teeth so unless it's actually jumping teeth tightening won't do much to help. To me it sounds like a cable rub, but I'm shooting in the dark here since I don't have one. Just pop it open and have a look.

Upvote 0
I'm affraid of warranty rules, so im not gonna repair this.. thats pitty, because as You said it will be 10 minutes to fix it.. But what if the wheel has the guarantee-seal on one of the screws? My warranty will be done :/
Yes , because there is no warranty seal on these screws that's why I tell you it's easy to try. The warranty seal is on the axle's plastic case assembly , the fan , and the belts casing and is very vibrant red. You cannot get confused and not see this seal. Which is not a seal but a threadlocker but works as such.
Indeed it sound more than a belt. But I would open and see.

The thing is how much time are you willing to be separated from your wheel. Yes it's a problem , and it must be either fixed or replaced. One could be 10 min other could be 2 days or 2 months..

Upvote 0
Anyway - Wheel is replaced by the shop. Just went to the shop, tell them whole story, and.. voila, gotta brand new T300 RS GT.
Whats more - as it turned out, after i try driving on this new T300 - this sound (from the first T300) WAS affecting FFB in a big way - this new T300 is much more smoother.

Thanks guys!
Great that you could just replace it! Read stories about sending the wheel in, then getting told it wouldn't be broken at all, getting it back, sending in again etc.

But I guess these are the usual "horror-stories" you'll find on the web!

May I ask you in which Country and from what shop you bought it?

Enjoy your wheel! :)

Upvote 0
Great that you could just replace it! Read stories about sending the wheel in, then getting told it wouldn't be broken at all, getting it back, sending in again etc.

But I guess these are the usual "horror-stories" you'll find on the web!

May I ask you in which Country and from what shop you bought it?

Enjoy your wheel! :)

I thinkt that i just used my right, to return product which was bought online, within 15 days from shipping. I don't know if this kind of law is in other countries, but in Poland it is. They gave me new wheel, and guarantee protocol, which says about this wheel replacement

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I thinkt that i just used my right, to return product which was bought online, within 15 days from shipping. I don't know if this kind of law is in other countries, but in Poland it is. They gave me new wheel, and guarantee protocol, which says about this wheel replacement
Same for me in Germany! It did sound like you actually went into a shop and got a replacement with you back home. That's why I asked specifically.
Nice to hear about polish shopping rights being good ones though! :)

My experience is that you are better of as a customer to buy online because of certain rights! Which is sad in my opinion... You should be able to go to a store and get supported by the shop.
But sadly I bet if you would've went to a physical store they would've sent the wheel to Thrustmaster and you would've needed to wait for it. :thumbsdown:

Upvote 0
Same for me in Germany! It did sound like you actually went into a shop and got a replacement with you back home. That's why I asked specifically.
Nice to hear about polish shopping rights being good ones though! :)

My experience is that you are better of as a customer to buy online because of certain rights! Which is sad in my opinion... You should be able to go to a store and get supported by the shop.
But sadly I bet if you would've went to a physical store they would've sent the wheel to Thrustmaster and you would've needed to wait for it. :thumbsdown:
That's true.
If i will buy this weel stationary, in a physical store, this 15 days law will not work - i will have to wait for all of this guarantee process.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years