Thrustmaster T248 paddle shifters problem

Hello,
Yesterday my brend new T248 arrived and had a lot of fun with it. Until today, when during driving session my upshifting paddle upshifted by itself and then stopped working completely until i unplugged thr wheel from my pc and plugged it back in again. I run the newest firmware and it happened twice already, can you help?

I just had this problem as well except it was with my left paddle for downshift. It just completely stopped working and had me freaked that my wheel was already dead. I'm going to keep an eye on it but I had the same solution as you which was to unplug it from usb to recalibrate the wheel. Will report back if I have further issues. I believe thrustmaster products work best on older style usb ports and I have noticed that it sometimes has "quirks" on my rig not sure if that helps.

I just had this problem as well except it was with my left paddle for downshift. It just completely stopped working and had me freaked that my wheel was already dead. I'm going to keep an eye on it but I had the same solution as you which was to unplug it from usb to recalibrate the wheel. Will report back if I have further issues. I believe thrustmaster products work best on older style usb ports and I have noticed that it sometimes has "quirks" on my rig not sure if that helps.
So plug it in to USB 2.0 instead of 3.0? I might give it a try even thou this is a "brand new" thing and should work with USB 3.0, thanks for the info.

Edit: i tried it with an 2.0 USB: same thing happened..... I think i really need to go though everyones favourite return policies and find out if i can still either swap for a new one or refundit completely.

Last edited:
Ah sorry to hear that. Hope you can get a replacement that works better. If you end up getting something different I would be curious what you choose to go with. Best of luck!

Hi me too. I have the same problem with my left shift paddle, most of the time it happens when I've been playing for more than 30 minutes, but sometimes it fails after 15 minutes, others after an hour, I haven't been able to find a pattern in it. If I remove the USB and plug it back in it fixes it. I don't know what it could be, it's a bit strange. I'm going to take a warranty with thrustmaster to see how they solve it for me

I just bought the new Thrustmaster t248 and I noticed that while racing my upshifts and downshifts are not recognized sometimes. At first, I thought it was just some issue I was only having in iRacing but when I pulled up the Thrustmaster control panel and started using the paddle shifters I noticed that every now and then they wouldn't register as an input. I have tried this with some of the other buttons and it also happens from time to time (specifically the x, o, triangle, and square).
tellculvers com survey taco bell breakfast hours

Last edited:
I also noticed that when iRacing or the control panel would not register the input the + or - on the wheel's digital screen would still appear and indicate a shift. I have the latest firmware installed for the base but could this just be bugs that will work out in future firmware updates? Or should I be concerned that my buttons are faulty? I personally feel like the bottoms themselves are fine since the + and - still appear when the "ghost input" occurs and it could just be bugs that will be fixed over time. What is everyone's advice? Should I wait it out and see if firmware updates fix the issue? Or should I try and contact Thrustmaster about a faulty wheel?

Hello, I did buy t248 and I immediately noticed the exact same problem with my left paddle, anyone has ideas? tried reinstalling drivers, restarting pc and so on, its worked for like 30min, then like someone said it will downshift by itself and quit working until I unplug and re-plug again.

Hi. Same here. After about 30 min playing, left paddle shifter stops working. I unplug usb, wait 5 sec and plug in again. Then it start working again. It happens often.

Just saw this thread by incident.
My unqualified guess is that it is a HW problem.
Sounds like Thrustmaster are using too cheap/bad switches.
Refund is the only solution - at least if you dont want to take a gamble that a replacement from TM will be better.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%