Thrustmaster steering wheel and Fanatec pedals Lock ups

Steve Bird

Come On Williams!
I've got a strange issue. In a recent iRacing 6 hour endurance event my wheel seemed to lock out onscreen although i was physically turning wheel causing me to fly off the track. Additionally I had a similar issue happen with the pedal set as well (Throttle open on screen yet throttle off on the pedals and braking on the pedals itself. Thinking this may well be an iRacing issue I tried AMS 2 and the same happens randomly in that too. So I swapped the USB connections to from my USB hub to the main ports on the motherboard and it's still happening. Any ideas?

If you look at the following video at 3:18:10 onwards [edited as I put in the wrong time] you will see what I mean. The wheel and throttle freeze for a second as I'm braking for turn 2.

Any help you guys could provide would be amazing.

Last edited:
Check the USB cable carefully where it goes into the wheelbase. I had this same issue the cable was cracked around the plastic strain relief part that sticks out of the back of the wheelbase. This broke the ground connection occasionally and my wheel would randomly freeze up and off the track I would go. Sorry for the horrible pic it's all I got. This is after I pulled it apart, before this the crack was barely visible. Trimmed the wire, soldered it back together and used a ton of heat shrink tubing for strain relief and haven't had a problem with it since.

Untitled.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back