Thrustmaster steering belt replacement

Hello there!

My teenage years steering wheel went into retirement 15 years ago after one of its belt had snapped (or ground its teeth, I can't remember).

Long story short, I'd like to put it back into service. Changing the belt doesn't seem challenging but I'll need to source it (well, both, while I'm at it) first.

So I need your advice. Steering is that one: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/ffdrw-en/
(And, yes, I found a driver that works in windows 10: I ran it with Assetto Corsa without the force feedback)

I really like if someone fixes old stuff instead of throwing it away and producing more garbage.

What I would do:
Open that thing, take out the belt and measure it. You'll need the total length, the kind of teeth and probably the space between each peak/teeth.
Then dig through some professional industry supplier catalogues and see if you can find a standard industry belt that might work.

I did this for some Logitech g27 pedal springs. It's not perfect but I got fitting springs with doubled resistance from an industry supplier.

Good luck and I'm crossing my fingers that thrustmaster used some standard piece :)

Upvote 0
I really like if someone fixes old stuff instead of throwing it away and producing more garbage.
Yeah. And it feels great to service or resuscitate an item that wasn't made serviceable :)

That wheel is not too hard to find in 2nd hand market for less than 20$, then you can cannibalize it.
Probably but I'll be stuck with used 20 year old belts and a big pile of plastic rubbish, not sure that's the best solution.

I was hoping that replacing belts was more common and some of you could advise a seller and some references

Upvote 0
Is not an easy task, for sure.
Best way is to take your old belt and find a physical store where you can talk with an expert, Phone them or made a visit.
Taking the online route you May end with a bunch of not valid belts

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%