Thrustmaster Quick Release

Jivesauce

Premium
Check out the newest review from Barry:

I've been wanting something like this for awhile. It's not that it takes that long to change a Thrustmaster wheel, but you have to keep a screwdriver around and I'm always worried about over-tightening and stripping the screw or cracking the sleeve. This looks pretty solid to me.

Thinking about it more, the only thing I don't love about the QR in Barry's video is that it leaves the plug very exposed compared to the old solution. I wonder if a person could come up with some sort of 3D printed cap to put on to protect it when not in use.

Upvote 0
Thinking about it more, the only thing I don't love about the QR in Barry's video is that it leaves the plug very exposed compared to the old solution. I wonder if a person could come up with some sort of 3D printed cap to put on to protect it when not in use.

Just keep a wheel attached.

Upvote 0
Just keep a wheel attached.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but the exposed plug I'm concerned about is on the wheel, so I'm worried about the extra wheels that are not in use rather than the wheel base. See the screenshot below:

KNEy3TI.png

Upvote 0
Check out the newest review from Barry:

I've been wanting something like this for awhile. It's not that it takes that long to change a Thrustmaster wheel, but you have to keep a screwdriver around and I'm always worried about over-tightening and stripping the screw or cracking the sleeve. This looks pretty solid to me.

Do you know the website where I can purchase the Thrustmaster quick release?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Do you know the website where I can purchase the Thrustmaster quick release?
Thanks
Unfortunately it looks like the original purchase link does not work any more, I'm not sure why. Sorry! If you search on ebay it looks like there are some other Chinese-made options that are similar, but I have no way of knowing how well they work.

Upvote 0
@jackson 1 The link doesn't work as the quantity of requests for the QR mod was so overwhelming the guy is trying to get someone to manufacture them, haven't heard anything further for a while if he has got someone to do the manufacture yet. You can contact him on his Youtube channel and ask about availability.

Upvote 0
I've had mine for a few weeks now, and it's the best thing since sliced bread. I have three rims, and the QR is so good I can change the rims blind when I have the Rift S on.
It's a bit fiddly to set up initially, but that's not peters fault: his parts are totally accurate. The problem lies with the shoddy manufacturing tolerances from the Chinese QR. But then again, I only paid €28 for three of them, including shipping from China, so I can't complain.
Peter supplies shims with the kits to adjust the fit. You can find him by going to You Tube and searching for "peter makes things ". There you will find a number of videos from him, and the necessary links about where to buy the QRs etc.
I can only recommend it, why Thrustmaster hasn't got in touch with Peter to do a deal to make it factory standard with the TM wheels is a mystery to me.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but the exposed plug I'm concerned about is on the wheel, so I'm worried about the extra wheels that are not in use rather than the wheel base. See the screenshot below:

KNEy3TI.png
If you're worried about that, Peter supplies wall mounts too. I already had any amount of headphone mounting hooks out of my recording studio, so I just hang my wheels on those. You can fit two wheels on one mounting next to each other. You can find the mountings all over the place on the 'net, for under €10.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years