D

Deleted member 983310

• Deleted member 983310

_

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Staff
Premium
Well, firstly I'm not sure I'd recommend doing this if you're totally at sea with this kind of stuff.
If you only want to diagnose the fault, then if you have access to a multimeter it may be enough to help you figure out what's wrong.
If you do really want to connect it to the Arduino, here are a few thoughts:
  • first picture suggests that lilac and green wires are the sensor (potentiometer) outputs you'll want to digitise, and yellow and red are the power and ground wires (not clear which way around though, but this doesn't actually matter for your purposes)
  • second pic implies you've already cut off a connector on the end of the cable from the pedals?
  • second pic has lilac, green and yellow, but then white instead of...
Well, firstly I'm not sure I'd recommend doing this if you're totally at sea with this kind of stuff.
If you only want to diagnose the fault, then if you have access to a multimeter it may be enough to help you figure out what's wrong.
  • first picture suggests that lilac and green wires are the sensor (potentiometer) outputs you'll want to digitise, and yellow and red are the power and ground wires (not clear which way around though, but this doesn't actually matter for your purposes)
  • second pic implies you've already cut off a connector on the end of the cable from the pedals?
  • second pic has lilac, green and yellow, but then white instead of red - a multimeter will help you verify if red is connected directly to white somewhere, if you can't already see it inside the housing
  • third pic: you'll want to connect lilac and green to two of the analog inputs (e.g. A0, A1) and then if white=red, connect white and yellow to 5V and GND (if you invert white and yellow, you'll simply invert the output of the pot - so fully pressed down pedal = low voltage would then = high voltage instead)
Good luck :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Solution
  • Deleted member 983310

• second pic has lilac, green and yellow, but then white instead of red - a multimeter will help you verify if red is connected directly to white somewhere, if you can't already see it inside the housing
  • third pic: you'll want to connect lilac and green to two of the analog inputs (e.g. A0, A1) and then if white=red, connect white and yellow to 5V and GND (if you invert white and yellow, you'll simply invert the output of the pot - so fully pressed down pedal = low voltage would then = high voltage instead)
Good luck :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
second pic has lilac, green and yellow, but then white instead of red
You can just about see the white wire coming out of the black sheath in the middle of the first pic and then it seems to go towards the other pot. It kinda looks like the red might be coming from the other pot, so I think you are right about it being connected to the white, but a picture of the second pot might shed some light on the connections

Upvote 0
Might be a daft question @NSsKuT , but what were you using to connect them to your PC before? Only reason I ask is because as @Neilski mentioned, if there is a fault in one of the pots that caused a short between the power and ground, then you might damage the arduino if you simply hook it up, so checking that there is a reasonable resistance between the white and yellow wires before you power it up, e.g. 5k+ ohm, might be a good idea

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 983310

Might be a daft question @NSsKuT , but what were you using to connect them to your PC before? Only reason I ask is because as @Neilski mentioned, if there is a fault in one of the pots that caused a short between the power and ground, then you might damage the arduino if you simply hook it up, so checking that there is a reasonable resistance between the white and yellow wires before you power it up, e.g. 5k+ ohm, might be a good idea
Might be a daft question @NSsKuT , but what were you using to connect them to your PC before? Only reason I ask is because as @Neilski mentioned, if there is a fault in one of the pots that caused a short between the power and ground, then you might damage the arduino if you simply hook it up, so checking that there is a reasonable resistance between the white and yellow wires before you power

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%