F1 2010 Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit Questions

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you cant put a G27 on a old school desk, thats the same as putting wedding dress on a donkey!

Gonna need a custom oak wardrobe job to get the right height and depth...

1_UZX.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you cant put a G27 on a old school desk, thats the same as putting wedding dress on a donkey!

Even on its wedding day?

Anyway, has the calibration issue been fixed for the G27, was it just early models?

Not heard about that one. No problems with calibration that im aware of.

Cheers for info Paul, also does the gears unit have to be attached for the rest to work?

Nope, but you will probably need the D-pad buttons for your in-race menu for front wing adjustments, engine map and tyre choice etc.
The other buttons are useful for the in-game menu navigation.

Maybe some privileged donkeys in other countries wear wedding dresses but in mine they are shoved into a field with a male donkey :tongue:

Damn, just seen a
Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel in argos for £89.99 and reserved it, I think this will suit me more but damn I'm in conflict now as its a pretty good wheel.

Edit: The concern is the g27 does not have many reviews at amazon and a few of them mention a calibration problem that progresses as your playing.

DAMN DAME DAMN DAMN, do I wait?, tell me good things about the G27

Edit: The concern is the g27 does not have many reviews at amazon and a few of them mention a calibration problem that progresses as your playing.

DAMN DAME DAMN DAMN, do I wait?, tell me good things about the G27

What sort of logic is that? Not many reviews on Amazon so its no good? Sheesh.

Come on mate, time to grow a pair and make a decision - we have humoured you and told you good things about the G27 for 3 pages now. There is no ongoing issue with G27 calibration, and although the DFGT is a damn fine wheel, the G27 is better and has additional features for the money.

If you have the cash and will use it a lot, buy the G27.
If you dont have the cash, or are just a casual gamer, buy the DFGT.

I don't need a clutch or H shift, I like the DFGT layout with the controls on the wheel and the fact it was co-developed with polyphoney, I'm not heavy handed with my stuff so it should last a while.

DFGT it is.

Good choice, I would have bought the G27 if money were no issue, but I have not for one second regretted that I got the DFGT...so I think you will be happy with that. :)

One thing I will ask tho Jan, is sometimes your DF wheel sounds very noisy down your mic when we race. Normally when you spin or something and I guess the wheel spins quickly too. Hard to describe the sound, maybe a bit like someone going down a zip line? I guess its the mechanics of how its attached as opposed to the 27 which doesnt make much noise.

One thing I will ask tho Jan, is sometimes your DF wheel sounds very noisy down your mic when we race. Normally when you spin or something and I guess the wheel spins quickly too. Hard to describe the sound, maybe a bit like someone going down a zip line? I guess its the mechanics of how its attached as opposed to the 27 which doesnt make much noise.

What !? You're saying I spin my car when racing ? :D :D

Seriusly though, you can hear that ? Hmm, maybe I should dial down my mic setting...

Well the FFB sure rattles a lot, even on the low settings I run it with and that 'whizzing' noice you here is probably from the wheels internal mechanics and the resistance from the motor when I turn the wheel fast. I never think about it really, but now that you mention it, it does makes some noice...

What !? You're saying I spin my car when racing ? :D :D

Seriusly though, you can hear that ? Hmm, maybe I should dial down my mic setting...

Well the FFB sure rattles a lot, even on the low settings I run it with and that 'whizzing' noice you here is probably from the wheels internal mechanics and the resistance from the motor when I turn the wheel fast. I never think about it really, but now that you mention it, it does makes some noice...

Dont change your mic volume, as its perfect for your voice. The wheel noise isnt too loud down the mic, but I can hear it clearly, so assumed it must be fairly loud in your room to register on the mic.

Main reason I mention it was coz OP was asking about noise levels and stuff.

You should hear it when it calibrates itself on startup, motor running at full speed to the right and then back all 900 degrees to the left hitting the stops with a bang and then back to center :D

The noice it makes during playing does not bother me, but I can see that it might be a problem if you have people around that might have a problem with those sounds it makes.
As I have not heard how a G27 sounds irl, I can only guess that paying twice as much also shows up in noice levels perhaps. :)

The DDFGT noise is ok, but the brake pedal will have to be seen to and silenced, the carpet grip works well, overall it's well made, better than expected.

EDIT: Each pedal has a light spring and the brake has a black heavy spring as well, removed the black spring and its perfect, no clanking and nicely balanced...http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2457/insideyg6.jpg

Thats not mine, but you can see the black spring on the brake pedal is not the same height as the gold spring, thats the cause of the clank.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%