Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel component replacement.

Hi. I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 add on wheel for the T500 and the latest thing to go wrong with it is that one of the thumb wheel rotary encoders has broken. I have removed it from the wheel pending replacement but a third party component supplier cannot assist me with an alternate component because there are no specification printed on the encoder itself. Thrustmaster replacement components aren't competitively priced IMHO and I was going to take the opportunity to replace it with something with better build quality, BUT.... I don't know the specs to pass onto the component supplier to buy the correct replacement.

Can anyone help? I have pictures of the damaged encoder. BTW, the unit is out of warranty.

Cheers, Mike.

Attachments

• Rotary 4.jpg
    Rotary 4.jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 177
Did you ever find the right parts for this as I now need to replace mine. Any old links I find people have given no longer work
No I didn't. I ended up having to remove some of the plastic to enable a resolder of the connections. It works but looks pikey. I've been saving up and a whole new rig is on the horizon so I have just accepted that it's now a disposable item, which is a bit sad really.

Upvote 0
No I didn't. I ended up having to remove some of the plastic to enable a resolder of the connections. It works but looks pikey. I've been saving up and a whole new rig is on the horizon so I have just accepted that it's now a disposable item, which is a bit sad really.
How do you get the black plastic dial off the end of the encoder?

Upvote 0
maybe this???

short shaft version

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back