F1 2012 Thrustmaster F430 FFB wheel settings!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I obviously bought wrong wheel :( I dont know...in f1 2011 is much easier to set the desired driving style,but in 2012 for me,he is absolutely undriveable!Some advice...or settings?

I have searched our forum and Codemaster's forum, and not found much at all about this wheel. I guess it may not be that popular.

You may want to look at Codemasters general recommended wheel settings here

Or perhaps Codemasters other wheel thread here

We also have some wheel setting threads, but not specific to your wheel (it seems). A lot of wheels by the same manufacturer may have very similar or the same settings. So it may be worth looking at other Thrustmaster wheels as well.

For instance, if I couldn't find some settings for a Logitech G25, then I would look at using the Logitech G27 settings, if that fails then the Logitech DFGT

Here is the RD sticky for wheel settings

Good Luck :)

I have searched our forum and Codemaster's forum, and not found much at all about this wheel. I guess it may not be that popular.

You may want to look at Codemasters general recommended wheel settings here

Or perhaps Codemasters other wheel thread here

We also have some wheel setting threads, but not specific to your wheel (it seems). A lot of wheels by the same manufacturer may have very similar or the same settings. So it may be worth looking at other Thrustmaster wheels as well.

For instance, if I couldn't find some settings for a Logitech G25, then I would look at using the Logitech G27 settings, if that fails then the Logitech DFGT

Here is the RD sticky for wheel settings

Good Luck :)
Tnx Graham,but trust me,I checked almost the all options including Codemaster's forum!If you notice a lot of them are asking the same question about this wheel,but still no right answer or not at all.It's really weird, in F1 2010 and 2011 is behaving pretty good,but in 2012 it is almost impossible to drive!!!

Not that I am encouraging you to buy the new game ..... but there was a massive difference in wheel settings coming from F1 2011 into F1 2012.

You never know that might happen again when moving to F1 2013. It was a real pain for everyone trying to get the wheel settings right for F1 2012, it was so different.

The annual pain in the ass-fest is upon us ;)

I obviously bought wrong wheel :( I dont know...in f1 2011 is much easier to set the desired driving style,but in 2012 for me,he is absolutely undriveable!Some advice...or settings?

I use 60/70% linearity depending on the track, the rest is zero.
I never touched ffb settings just left it at default.

F1 2012 might be my last game with the F430 since it appears to be dying... a ton of problems lately.

I use 60/70% linearity depending on the track, the rest is zero.
I never touched ffb settings just left it at default.

F1 2012 might be my last game with the F430 since it appears to be dying... a ton of problems lately.
Ok I'll try that option ,but when you said.... "a ton of problems lately",means that you have a problem with the wheel only in the game or something generaly wrong with the F430?

It's not F1 2012 specific, it broke down for good now.
Started having weird force feedback and centering issues...

Edit: I forgot to mention, as soon as you go into personal settings you shouldn't forget to set override device to Steering Wheel, otherwise you get a kind of "steering help" designed to help pads, i was ready curse everyone at Codemasters before someone pointed that option for me.

Last edited:
I have the f430 & for F1 2013, it is set to
Steering deadzone 0.75
Saturation: 20
Linearity 0
Breaking & acc are all 0
Works fine for me. I turn the FFB down in the game to about 40% so I don't wreck the wheel.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%