Thrustmaster F430 FFB Settings

I was wondering if anyone out there with the Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 wheel could share his force feedback settings for GTR Evo/Race On. I picked one up today in order to begin my first venture into PC simracing (previously I played on the XBOX360 with Microsoft's wheel). Needless to say, I'm not sure what really good force feedback should feel like. However, right now it doesn't feel like I'm getting any information from the wheel. There are lots of bumps from the track but I don't feel anything changing when my tires lose traction. I'm also curious what exactly the "reverse effects" option does in GTR Evo and how to check if it's correct (I have it enabled).

Edit:
I figured out the "reverse effects" setting - if you have it set correctly, the wheel will naturally return to the centre position if you let go during a turn. I also got some decent settings by using the default G27 profile and remapping the buttons. Previously I had started with the Keyboard profile and switched force feedback on, but I guess there are FF settings that are not accessible from within the game so the G27 is a better starting point. I can now feel the wheel get light when my tires lose traction. I also found this guide which seems very useful, I will probably try it out after I get a little more used to the wheel.

All of that said, it would still be great to have a look at the settings of anyone who has the F430 set up to his liking. Either way, I'm going to practice up and hopefully see you guys in some club races soon!

Thanks, I hadn't seen that one. Out of curiousity I opened the config file for that profile and it's actually for the Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro. The two wheels probably use very similar force feedback systems though. I'm keeping the FFB level set to low for now and it feels pretty good. I was quite surprised to find out the meaning behind the FFB levels in the tweaking guide:
* Low:
steering force (steering+grip)

* Medium
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble

*High
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble+ brakes vibration

*Full
steering force+ damper+ friction+ strips rumble+ brakes vibration+ throttle vibration+ steering vibration

I used this wheel a while ago with the standard F430 profil in the game and was happy with it. I now have a G25 and the difference in FFB isn't that big so looking back the F430 with the standard settings did a good job (the 270 degree and the pedals are maybe a little drawback compared to the G25 but it was for me really good start in the sim racing world).

I used this wheel a while ago with the standard F430 profil in the game and was happy with it. I now have a G25 and the difference in FFB isn't that big so looking back the F430 with the standard settings did a good job (the 270 degree and the pedals are maybe a little drawback compared to the G25 but it was for me really good start in the sim racing world).
Ok - just to be clear, when you say the F430 profile do you mean the generic "Thrustmaster Force Feedback Wheel" profile mentioned by triskele10? I don't have a profile specifically called F430 on the list.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%