Thrustmaster F1 add-on Wheel Paddle switch fix

First off I have to say how disappointing I'm with Thrustmaster.

Going on two weeks with only one reply asking to upload video and copy of invoice which I did that same day. Haven't heard a word even after several more email attempts since.

Problem is the Paddle switches are junk. So I took matters in my own hands and replaced them with Omron B3F-5051 or if you don't want Gold plating go with B3F-5050. .52 cents at Mouser Electronics. Original tact switch is rated at 100K cycles, these new switches are rated at 10M cycles.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...ha2pyFaduhWf7EPgQ%2b0zRZX/pCajH6pAhOm4IgPC8E=

"PIT" button doesn't work either so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Can't say I would ever buy Thrustmaster again with there terrible service.

Sorry to hear the problems you have, I do feel Thrustmaster are not doing too well nowadays. Good to hear you've found a replacement switch for the paddle shifters. For the main buttons on the front, you could use a series of buttons. I know the opening of the button hole is 12/13mm wide, the first ones would be Knitter Buttons from Leo Bodnar and also you can get Momentary Buttons like on DSD or SRH Button Boxes.

Upvote 0
Received the switches today, might be a bit tall for some but they do work and look great.
Have a look at the photos. I also ordered some Sealed Minature switches from MCM electronics. might uses those instead depending on what they look like. If I do I will update post with new photos. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/26-4680

F1 Wheel front.jpg
F1 Wheel inside.jpg
Sealed Minature Pusg Button Switch.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Installed the Sealed Switches from MCM. Sealed switches are way better for this application. I'll save the NKK switches for a button box. Sealed switches are also 1/2 the price of the NKK switches.
F1 Wheel with sealed switch.JPG

F1 Wheel with sealed switch profile.JPG

Upvote 0
Problem is the Paddle switches are junk. So I took matters in my own hands and replaced them with Omron B3F-5051 or if you don't want Gold plating go with B3F-5050. .52 cents at Mouser Electronics. Original tact switch is rated at 100K cycles, these new switches are rated at 10M cycles.

Thanks for this information.
I found a local distributor and just ordered 4x B3F-5051.
After a few years of use, one of the paddle switches is now stuck always firing.
I plan to replace them both with those Omrons.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 213034

Sorry for mega-necro, but I just want to thank OP for this post. Was sure I'd have to bin the wheel!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing