Thrustmaster drivers won't install

Is that possible? Every msi file is working just fine on my rig.

The reason that I suggested converting the .exe file to an .msi package was to get past the first base, for windows to create a process that could be diagnosed with MS Process Monitor... In answer to your question, yes. I simply googled 'convert exe to msi' & installed/used a program called MSI_Wrapper and converted the TM file. It took less than 5 minutes! I doubt that it will work, as I suspect that you have a rogue process that is preventing the installation - that's why I suggested using Sandboxie - have you tried it?

The reason that I suggested converting the .exe file to an .msi package was to get past the first base, for windows to create a process that could be diagnosed with MS Process Monitor... In answer to your question, yes. I simply googled 'convert exe to msi' & installed/used a program called MSI_Wrapper and converted the TM file. It took less than 5 minutes! I doubt that it will work, as I suspect that you have a rogue process that is preventing the installation - that's why I suggested using Sandboxie - have you tried it?
I came up with the same software but i don't know if i did something wrong. I created the file, ran ist but it stopped in the middle of thr process.
But the Converter said that it is higly recommended to make this with an already installed program - whick obviously i have not.
May i send you my e-mail adress and you may load up your file on wetransfer?

What's sandboxie?

I came up with the same software but i don't know if i did something wrong. I created the file, ran ist but it stopped in the middle of thr process.
But the Converter said that it is higly recommended to make this with an already installed program - whick obviously i have not.
May i send you my e-mail adress and you may load up your file on wetransfer?

What's sandboxie?

What's wrong with the link (highlighted in blue) that I've added? You should google Sandboxie - after installing the program, simply drag & drop the TM 2020_TTRS_1.exe file in to the Sandboxie window - if it tries to install...

What's wrong with the link (highlighted in blue) that I've added? You should google Sandboxie - after installing the program, simply drag & drop the TM 2020_TTRS_1.exe file in to the Sandboxie window - if it tries to install...

I thank you very much for your time and your help ... but that didn't work either.

I hope i can get a good friend of mine coming around to help me. He is an IT expert. Maybe he can help.

I asked Thrustmaster if they take the wheel back and give me the money back. Answer still to come..

Saying that their software is just working fine and that it is a problem on my side ....... period.

Without wanting to upset you further, that's almost certainly the case. If everyone else with a Thrustmaster wheel manages to install it, the problem must be with your system somewhere. Did you try excluding the .exe from your antivirus software?

I thank you very much for your time and your help ... but that didn't work either.

I hope i can get a good friend of mine coming around to help me. He is an IT expert. Maybe he can help.

I asked Thrustmaster if they take the wheel back and give me the money back. Answer still to come..

It was more of a test to see if Windows would respond to the TM .msi file or the .exe inside the Sandboxie (sandbox) window. If it did respond but failed to install, it would nevertheless indicate that Windows created a process to install the software... thereby making it possible to use Process Monitor to track down the rogue file/process. Ner mind. I hope your IT friend sorts it out for you.

I know fresh OS is a drastic method

Would you have a old Hard drive spare ?

Connect only that to PC ( unplug power or sata cable from the rest )
No need to physically mount it in PC just run leads beside case only takes minutes to do W10 on a SSD

Install W10 then go straight to the TM driver before anything don't install any other drivers and stay offline

Will prove one way or other something I am sure

I have brought 60GB SSD to do the same thing then kept the drive to store important backup so money not wasted

Without wanting to upset you further, that's almost certainly the case. If everyone else with a Thrustmaster wheel manages to install it, the problem must be with your system somewhere. Did you try excluding the .exe from your antivirus software?
That's probably right.

And still i am hoping that Thrustmaster takes the wheel back.

Hi guys,

i am new to the world of simracing and just got a thrustmaster TS-PC-Racer.

I downloaded the drivers from the website and then double clicked the downloaded .exe. The Windows 10 dialogue popped up if i want the program to run, i clicked yes and .... nothing happened. The program just isn't starting/installing. I can't find it in taskmanager neither.

When i plug the wheel in (usb) it shows up with the correct name but not as a wheel but as a gamepad. When i tried to install the thrustmaster drivers manually there, it won't let me.

- I did it several times

- i tried an .exe-file of an older Thrustmaster driver

- i reverted my whole system back to the state of yesterday and tried again. The installer just doesn't run on my system

Now i have a wheel that isn't detected.

Thrustmasters support wrote to me that average time for a response is 15 (!!!!) days right now.

Could anybody maybe help me with this problem?
Is there a way to install the drivers manually without the .exe?

Would be great if you guys could get me started with the new world of sim racing.

Thanks in advance

Frank

i have just registered as this is the only place i found for this problem.

i am having the same problem as you, when i plugged in my TS-PC Racer wheel to update it the drivers got wiped and it stopped working. no matter how many times i tried to install the thrustmaster software it just hung after the uac pop up but would not install.

i ended up borrowing my daughters laptop installing the software and getting the drivers on my wheel again. i'm wondering if a update buggered something up on my MSI GL62 6QF laptop as i have been trying for over an hour even uninstalling all the thrustmaster software but when trying to install nothing happened, even using an msi file did not work.

i will investigate further and if i find anything i will post back.

There are some new Drivers + Firmware which has just been released, maybe try them out.

DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2020_TTRS_2) + Firmware
PC - DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2020_TTRS_2) + Firmware

System Requirement: Windows® 10/ 8.1/ 8

This driver package is compatible with these racing wheels:

- T-GT*
- TS-XW RACER
- TS-PC RACER
- T500
- T300**
- T150**
- TX
- TMX
- BT LED DISPLAY
- TM Sim Hub

* On PC, the USB sliding switch on the T-GT racing wheel base must always
be set to the OTHER position!
** On PC, the USB sliding switch on the T300 & T150 racing wheel’s base
must always be set to the PS3 position!

Changes made in new driver version 2020_TTRS_2:
- Added new firmware for many Thrustmaster Force Feedback wheels:

* T-GT: Firmware V7 (for the base)
* T300: Firmware V31
* T150: Firmware V21
* TS-XW: Firmware V6
* TX: Firmware V56
* TMX: Firmware V15
* TS-PC: Firmware V11

!Warning!: with these new firmware, the racing wheel’s bases now handles(and detects) differently the type of pedal set connected (via RJ12) to the base. Check out the important note and information here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download...T_LCM/T-LCM_RJ12-pedal_set_mode_detection.pdf

There are some new Drivers + Firmware which has just been released, maybe try them out.

DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2020_TTRS_2) + Firmware
PC - DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2020_TTRS_2) + Firmware

System Requirement: Windows® 10/ 8.1/ 8

This driver package is compatible with these racing wheels:

- T-GT*
- TS-XW RACER
- TS-PC RACER
- T500
- T300**
- T150**
- TX
- TMX
- BT LED DISPLAY
- TM Sim Hub

* On PC, the USB sliding switch on the T-GT racing wheel base must always
be set to the OTHER position!
** On PC, the USB sliding switch on the T300 & T150 racing wheel’s base
must always be set to the PS3 position!

Changes made in new driver version 2020_TTRS_2:
- Added new firmware for many Thrustmaster Force Feedback wheels:

* T-GT: Firmware V7 (for the base)
* T300: Firmware V31
* T150: Firmware V21
* TS-XW: Firmware V6
* TX: Firmware V56
* TMX: Firmware V15
* TS-PC: Firmware V11

!Warning!: with these new firmware, the racing wheel’s bases now handles(and detects) differently the type of pedal set connected (via RJ12) to the base. Check out the important note and information here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download...T_LCM/T-LCM_RJ12-pedal_set_mode_detection.pdf

i know i tried installing it but nothing once i accepted the UAC nothing happened. i had to use my daughters laptop which is 4 years older than mine and the new Package 2020_TTRS_2 installed on that fine.

i know i tried installing it but nothing once i accepted the UAC nothing happened. i had to use my daughters laptop which is 4 years older than mine and the new Package 2020_TTRS_2 installed on that fine.

Did you try turning off your antivirus before installing it (or excluding it in your antivirus)?

One thing i didn't see mentioned here and I have seen this happen with a t300 wheel my buddy has. He plugged it in before installing the drivers and windows update tried to download generic drivers and his install behaved the same way. Only way to get it to install correctly afterwards was a fresh install of windows.

One thing i didn't see mentioned here and I have seen this happen with a t300 wheel my buddy has. He plugged it in before installing the drivers and windows update tried to download generic drivers and his install behaved the same way. Only way to get it to install correctly afterwards was a fresh install of windows.

i ended up reinstalling win 10 today and all is fine now.

That's probably right.

And still i am hoping that Thrustmaster takes the wheel back.

Any news Frank? Did you get it working or a refund? It would be interesting to know why it won't run on your system, it's pretty poor if TM can't help you solve it. But then, so many of these companies just don't seem to care beyond making a sale.

Here is the fix I found for a friend, run the troubleshooter and if you find it errors out as well, check your environmental variables and make sure they are both pointing to C:\Temp. Way easier than re-installing Windows.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back