Thrustmaster announces new add-on wheel

TMLeather28GTWheelAddOn-zoom1.jpg

Fans of Thrustmaster wheels and 'ecosystem' look to be in for a treat as Thrustmaster have recently announced a new wheel add-on for use with T300 RS, T500 RS or TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition wheels.

The new wheel will be a 280mm GT hand-stitched leather rim with a sporty look and very similar to the existing Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On Ferrari 458 Challenge Edition with it's 280mm rim size and paddle shifters.

Apart from the leather hand-stitched rim, other differences include a 3-position rotary switch with a push function in the central position. The TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On also weighs in at a lighter one kilogram meaning increased force feedback feel.

Suggested retail price is:
UK - £129.99
EUR - €149.99
US - $149.99

As a Ferrari GTE wheel user, this wheel will be a welcomed addition to my collection as the only gripe I have had with the GTE rim is the cheap rim quality and weight; this new offering looks to address both those issues and more.

Thrustmaster are looking to ship the wheel later this month. What do you guys think, will you be picking this wheel up?

rsz_tmleather28gtwheeladdon-product1.jpg TMLeather28GTWheelAddOn-zoom1.jpg TMLeather28GTWheelAddOn-zoom2.jpg

My 365 mm is not all that much heavier then my 320 mm but the difference is quite big. So the diameter in most case make for a bigger difference. Part of it is maybe just getting more leverage but I certainly feel less in the 365 mm. This was absolutely great on the T500RS because the sawmill feel when turning annoyed me. On my TX it get to smooth like a freewheel with no resistance when no ffb is applied.

But the heavy GTE Rim do offer a bit more ffb feel then the more rigid 365 mm Momo.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I found this topic while googling for bigger wheel rim on the t300. I ordered the simracing hardware adapter and I am looking for a wheel now and I was wondering what is more affecting to the FFB - the weight or the size of the wheel ?

I am thinking for fanatec gt wheel which is 970grams which is lighter than most of the irl wheels even good ones. Not carbon ones ofc.

woz9us
How hevier is your wheel rim comapred to the original one ?

I'm also using that adapter on my t300. 1st i used it with a normal leather momo corse which is about 1,2 kg, it was good (had to increase ffb strength in driver tho) but i was affraid that it will kill my wheel (the original gte wheel is about 0,8 kg), sometimes the wheel couldn't do the calibration, and when it hit the limiter on each side during the calibration the whole rig was shaking like hell. so i bought this , it is around 0.9 kg, nicely done wheel for a very competitive price. calibration issues gone (however it still hits a bit hard a limiter during calibration), seems perfect.

Upvote 0
Two custom wheels that I have made!
Hope you like them as much as I do using them:)

The Qsp wheel 300mm inc buttons, weighs in at 1 kg!
QSP.JPG

The Momo 27 c inc buttons, weighs in a 650 grams!! "Makes the tx come alive:)"
Momo mod 27 c.JPG

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back