Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans Shout Out Time!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDLMS Le Mans Header.jpg

Racing, officiating or watching our big Le Mans race? Give us a shout out, share a story or just spread the love!

This is for all the teams, drivers, officials and fans of the RDLMS by Vesaro Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans who want to share their experience either behind the monitor, out on track, up on pit wall or in the officials box... we want to hear from you!

Having a good time during our virtual Le Mans 24 hours? Well why not share it with the world? Drop us a comment below and let us know how your team are doing, what you got up to during your stint behind the wheel or something interesting you've seen on the live stream.. maybe event drop in a couple of pictures while you are at it (because everyone likes pictures don't they?).

RaceDepartment is sim racing and sim racing is A.W.E.S.O.M.E people!

RDLMS by Vesaro Le Mans Poster.jpg

RDLMS by Vesaro Logo.png

#118 RMI Motorsport stint 1&2 done
Was a very nervous start for me, I really don't want to screw things up when I do the first stint,- or, I don't want to screw up anyway, but even less on the first stint. As that leads to no other driver being able to participate from our team.
I was a bit disappointed with the qual, not so much the pace, but how far behind the rest we found ourselves, and I started to prepare for a long, lonely race at the tail end of the field.
During the first stint I was pleasantly surprised on how well I kept up with the pack, and when Roy told me what tyres the rest were on, I was even more happy.
When I started to get to the end of the first stint, I realized that the others use much more fuel that we do in our RMI Motorsport Ferrari, so I could go longer.

For some reason this didn't apply to the second stint which got very short for me, but still, slightly out of sequence I pitted the car from 4th in GT, which is more than acceptable seeing how I qualified 19th.

Now the teamboss have taken over the car, and if everything goes to plan, I'll be in the car for the last two stints of the race tomorrow. @Ryan Walker @Jonatan Åcerclinth @Roy Magnes and @Michael Nelson are the guys that are carrying the colors (the bright and shiny ones) the next 20 odd hours! :)

did a quad stint on softs, they really last for long when the air temps drop although the air temps are lower. had a scare with a connection issue where cars were teleporting, until my game crashed to show that my co driver has posession thank god. as of rn DR motorsport is last, but it is a 24hr marathon, and a sprint to each pit stop. anything can happen.

We didn't have the pace of the top teams so figured we would use fuel boost 1 only and run longer and double stint the Med tyres and in this way spend less time in the pits.
Quali we were bang on target with a back row start:cry: and so ran in clear air gradually picking up some places as cars had incidents.
The fastest cars were pitting anywhere from lap 10-12 and we were running 16 laps.
After 2 hours I handed to @Frank who quickly got up to speed. But I had no sooner calmed down when Frank was needed to help re start the race. So it was back in the car for me for another 2 hours.
The restart in P16 had its comedy moment when say 50 m behind the other lmps and with 3 or 4 behind me we got the call "engage pit limiter" followed by "get in formation" hmm,? maybe he meant it the other way around:rolleyes: it was tricky to get anywhere with the limiter on!
The second 2 hours was my better stint. The passes came again with others errors but I had found another 2 seconds through just getting my eye in and being more relaxed so we were staying closer and getting more passes when faster cars pitted. It was taking them longer to catch us back again. Gradually we had worked our way up to P9 from P20.
I was keeping the car safe and taking no risks. I was also having a lot of fun.
After the driver change we had some big issues that ended up taking us out.
Real shame, the tortoise was in touching distance of the hares and I think after 4 1/2 hrs we were within 1 lap of P1.

Guys, can I ask who the commentators are? I've asked numerous times on the live chat but nobody answers. The reason I ask is one of the lads sounds like my sons friend who does real motorsport commenting.

Guys, can I ask who the commentators are? I've asked numerous times on the live chat but nobody answers. The reason I ask is one of the lads sounds like my sons friend who does real motorsport commenting.
Our commentators at current time and when you asked are:
@Dan Marr
Peter Lee
@Roy Magnes

Earlier in the night we also had:
@Simon Smith
@Ole Marius Myrvold
@Joseph Wright

We also had @Lorenzo Bonder help out in need.

Not sure if I forgot anyone, has been a long night.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back