Thrumaster T300 Alcantara. Noises and bolts

Roberbond

Roberto Trueba
Hi! I want to change my old G27 for a Thrumaster T300 Alcantara. I like the performance pretty much but I have two complaints.

As you can see in the photo I can't screw the bolt all the way. Is that normal?

Altought I race with VR without the helmet I feel a high pitch noise when I stee the wheel or calibrating as you can see in the video.

Finlly, after a few minutes racing when I quit the game I can hear the noise fan very loud, and after a minute it stops. There is always a little buzz but I can´t heart it with the VR. Must I worry or do I need a replacement?

Hy Roberbond,

welcome to the forum.

1. The screw ist just to keep the wheel from loosening, it must not be screwed all in!!

2. The noise is probably the drive belt running over the cogs, so completely normal.

3. The fan noise is normal.
It would be the best option to set the fun to "always" on.( It´s called "forced cooling mode")
It´s loud, but the t300 has had some heat issues in the past.
I´ve done that with mine almost from the beginning and have had no hardware troubles.

4. Geeze, read the f.... manual. :rolleyes:
Everything you ask is explained there.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Hi Sitgs2cousin!

1. The manual says: "
Stop turning the screw as soon as you feel some resistance". The problem is after 30-45 minutes the ring with the screw was loosen and I almost could remove the wheel.

2-3. Thanks.

4. I read the manual :thumbsup:

thanks for the answers!

Upvote 0
The screw should hold it, but as a extra measure you could take a big pair of water pump pliers and gently(!) give it some extra. Use a piece of cloth between the plastic and the teeth. Dont overdo it or you're s h i t out of luck...

Upvote 0
Hi Sitgs2cousin!

4. I read the manual :thumbsup:

thanks for the answers!

OK then, sorry for that.:redface:

About the plyers idea, i´ve used something like this:

for about 4month before exchanging wheelbases.
it doesn´t leave any marks and works much quicker than the ( screwed up) screw idea by TM.
It´s almost a quick release now :D

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I've never tightened or moved that screw from the factory position in well over two years of owning my T300 that I use daily and never had my wheel come loose even slightly. There is no need to over tighten the plastic wheel release nut with any kind of pliers at all. In fact I actually use that screw kind of as a lever so I can unscrew and take the wheel off easier when I want to put it away LOL.

I do recommend turning the fan on so it runs all the time though.

If your using the stock pedals and unplug them a lot the little tab on the connector will eventually brake off and they won't stay connected so be careful with it. And be careful of where the USB cable comes out of the back of the wheel base (bottom right in the pic) it is easy to kink and split the cable there causing random disconnects I just recently had to re-solder mine:

IMG_20210117_122203.jpg

Other than that it's been a great wheel so have fun with it!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing