Throttle pedal calibration problem... thingy.

Hiya folks,

I recently noticed while driving in SRS that I was constantly getting eaten for breakfast by others down the straights, even when I tried my absolute best to keep the throttle pinned down exiting corners before a long straight. Every car I took out felt... well, slower. I wasn't an alien driver, but I was convinced that it was a technical issue.

At a fixed setup RSS F2 race at Paul Ricard, I noticed that I was about 10 to 25kph slower on the straight, so I checked my pedals and I saw that my pedal fully pressed down (T3PA) was only reaching about 85 to 95 percent with very small but fast oscillations.....

I found that if I reconnect my wheel and test he throttle in the T150 control panel, I could get Assetto (Content Manager) to detect the full pedal range.
스크린샷(31).png
스크린샷(32).png

Here's the problem- After setting up the pedals and confirming they work properly, I enter a session (Online) and at first, the car seems about normal, but after a lap, I feel that restricted sensation again. I complete qualy and the race and return to the settings, and what the heck?! The throttle is messed up again. More importantly, it also shows in the control panel that it won't reach the full range. Purely after an online session...

I have no idea what is going on. Content Manager always messes up the assignments when opened, so I always reload my saved preset, making new ones if I need to. Never experienced control issues mid-session. I'm starting to think it's a hardware malfunction with my wheel.

Anything I could try myself at this point? RIght now, going to the offline store for a checkup isn't an option.

Any assistance will be appreciated!!.... :)

Last edited:
Temporary fix might be to change the circled part to 95 or so.

You may need to clean your potentiometers for a more permanent fix.

Dirty pots can cause this mid-race issue. Happened to me on a g29.

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-01-01 09-36-18-108.jpg
    bandicam 2021-01-01 09-36-18-108.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Almost certainly dirty pots and they need a clean. One very simple way is a can of air and a good blast into the pedal area where the shaft goes into the pot and that might be all it takes to clean it up. I had the same thing with the clutch on the T3PAs and I didn't need to take it apart just blast it with air. Try that it will probably work.

Just wondering: why are you using your clutch as the throttle, and your 'gas' as the clutch pedal?
I dunno, CM just shows it that way. Throttle as Clutch, and Clutch as Throttle. It was like that since I first got CM last year, but it's just the name so it didn't bother me.

What did bother me is that my air compressor doesn't give me enough pressure, you can blow with your mouth and probably get more whoosh. Probably need a can blower or an electronic component contact cleaner or something... :(

I dunno, CM just shows it that way. Throttle as Clutch, and Clutch as Throttle. It was like that since I first got CM last year, but it's just the name so it didn't bother me.

What did bother me is that my air compressor doesn't give me enough pressure, you can blow with your mouth and probably get more whoosh. Probably need a can blower or an electronic component contact cleaner or something... :(

Idk, I'd change it just because it bothers me lol... Anyway, I have a G25 and it's pretty old. My pedals had issues with throttle and brake inputs. I opened up the pedal set, and it was full of dust. I cleaned it out as best I could then brought it to a friend who used contact spray on the pots. Works like new again. You may need to do that.

my air compressor doesn't give me enough pressure, you can blow with your mouth and probably get more whoosh.
contact spray on the pots. Works like new again. You may need to do that.

I threw my pots in a container of alcohol, shook them, blew them out with my mouth, put the heat gun on them for a minute, then let them sit a couple hours. Theyve now worked longer than before I had to clean them.

I threw my pots in a container of alcohol, shook them, blew them out with my mouth, put the heat gun on them for a minute, then let them sit a couple hours. Theyve now worked longer than before I had to clean them.

That seems like a lot of work. In my case I didn't have to take the electronics apart, just the bottom of the pedal set. I'd have to play for about 10 years to see if it lasts longer this time lol.. I've had my G25 for about 12 years and paid half price for it. I think I've got my money's worth ^^)

(I do admire the hard work you put into it, hell it's nice to keep things working rather than replace them all the time!)

That seems like a lot of work. In my case I didn't have to take the electronics apart, just the bottom of the pedal set. I'd have to play for about 10 years to see if it lasts longer this time lol.. I've had my G25 for about 12 years and paid half price for it. I think I've got my money's worth ^^)

(I do admire the hard work you put into it, hell it's nice to keep things working rather than replace them all the time!)
It wasnt much work just time consuming with all the small screws and by then I had lost any hope since the initial keyboard duster (canned air) alone hadnt worked. Needless to say I was very happily surprised they worked like new again. -But too bad I didnt have an excuse to upgrade. This happened about a year after I bought them new.

My pedal had red sticky stuff all over the place, especially the screws, perhaps they're related to the warranty or something?

Aaanyway, I got some contact cleaner spray online, I have no idea what they put in it but it evaporated very quickly and just a few squirts was enough to sort out the problem! Pedal works like new.

Thanks for the help!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing