Throttle fluctuating

I noticed recently that my throttle was fluctuating as I head down long straights - at Paul Ricard or Silverstone, for example. I searched and read that I should put a little dead zone on to the clutch, so I've done that, but the problem persists. When I go to the controls screen I can actually see the throttle blipping up and down without me touching anything. I recalibrate it and it seems to go away for a bit.
The Logitech wheel is only maybe 4 months old so I can't believe I need to clean the pots yet (and besides, it doesn't do this in any other of my sims) so is there anything I can do to fix this?

When I still used the Logitech G27 pedals ( long ago now ) ... I always fully pressed all pedals just before starting a sim and even when I was in the first game menu.
Maybe ACC is more sensible at this point of view, I don't know but if recalibrating the pedals solves the problem for a while .... the source of the problem is the pedals of course.

Maybe also reload your wheel and pedals preset in ACC ... it might also help ... if the problem is more software than hardware.

I also have this problem with the throttle pedal of my g29 (less than a year old and well protected from dust etc.), i think that the quality of the pedals is really poor, i'm a bit disappointed with logitech.

Dead zone on the clutch will help prevent the clutch disengaging, but to stop the issue you're having (throttle fluctuating on a straight) it sounds more like you need to add a dead zone to the top end of the throttle.

The dial that is used to assess percentage of throttle is probably not clean, you may have to disassemble the pedals and work out how to do this to clean them, they get full of dust. I have done it once, there are videos online

Thanks Neil, I'll give that a try. They can't be dirty
Yeah, it may not be dirt. I've seen increased problems after periods of inactivity, so it may be a combination of various effects - maybe an oxide layer builds up with disuse, which is then removed by prolonged use? For sure, wear and tear, plus dust, can also cause trouble. As soon as I get around to it I'll go to Hall sensors for all three pedals cos I'm sick to death of pots.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%