Throttle blipping with the Logitech G27 pedals.

Hey guys. I'm a new simmer trying to get to grips with heel and toe downshifting, and having a really rough time of it. I'm not sure if I just need more practice or if the G27 pedals are holding me back.

My number one concern is maintaining brake pressure when blipping. Because the brake and throttle pedals are at the same level, when the brake pedal is depressed it takes some serious foot gymnastics to blip the throttle, and that's when I lose fine control over the braking. I have to start braking a little earlier and at this point I may as well just run with the auto blip aid.

How do you guys do it? Do I just need more practice?

Funny, I do the opposite, I make it so the brake is only level with the throttle when the brake is nearly fully depressed, so I can roll my foot across at a natural angle, this in fact is basically how it is setup in my BMW track car as well.....funny how we all find our own technique eh :)

Upvote 0
Ok so it's good to know I'm not entirely at fault, but I'm rather weary of messing about with mods. Still, looks like I have no choice. And yes Mark, I'd prefer to have the throttle pedal further away from me, like you.

Thanks guys.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%