GT Sport Three New Gran Turismo Sport Tracks Unveiled

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Tracks Reveal.jpg

Polyphony Digital have revealed three brand new fantasy circuits due to be included in the upcoming Gran Turismo Sport PlayStation 4 racing game.

With still reasonably little content known about Gran Turismo Sport prior to it's delayed release later this year, Polyphony Digital have released images of three new fantasy tracks due to be added to the game, namely the oval Blue Moon Raceway, off road track Sardegna Windmils and the permanent road course facility at Dragon Trail.

Blue Moon Raceway
GT Sport - Blue Moon Raceway 3.jpg

A fictional oval location, Blue Moon Raceway is a brand new inclusion to the Gran Turismo game franchise. Judging by the track width shown in the picture reveal it appears this new oval location could well be a superspeedway course and should provide an interesting alternative to the usual road and street tracks found in modern racing titles.

GT Sport - Blue Moon Raceway 2.jpg
GT Sport - Blue Moon Raceway.jpg

Sardegna Windmils
GT Sport - Sardegna Windmils.jpg

The first of the revealed fantasy rally locations, it appears that Sardegna Windmils is a Rallycross style track that offers up some quick road sections on the loose surfaces. Relatively wide for a traditional Rallycross circuit, my bet is this track will be more suited to those who like to go sideways and less appropriate for players looking to recreate a traditional Rallycross experience.

GT Sport - Sardegna Windmils 3.jpg
GT Sport - Sardegna Windmils 2.jpg

Dragon Trail
GT Sport - Dragon Trail.jpg

Looking like a cross between a modern Grand Prix style location and the fabulous Mount Panorama at Bathurst, the Dragon Trail track looks to be one of the more grounded in reality fantasy locations coming to Gran Turismo Sport. With some echo's of Fuji International Speedway by virtue of the mountainside scenery, this permanent racing facility should make an interesting test of the quicker cars due to come to GT Sport.

GT Sport - Dragon Trail 3.jpg
GT Sport - Dragon Trail 2.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport will be released for PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017.

Check out our RaceDepartment Gran Turismo Series forum for latest news and discussion about GT Sport and other Gran Turismo Series games. RaceDepartment will be keeping abreast of all the latest news coming from day 2 of the big reveal event in London. Stay tuned for more information when it becomes available!

Do you like the sound of the new GT Sport tracks? What other locations would you like to see added to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I am a big fan of fantasy tracks when they are nicely done...and these look superb....it gives the artists a break and they can let their creative juices flow and possible try out new ideas and design techniques which can be visually spectacular...brilliant work.:D:D:D

That last one looks pretty nice. While I do enjoy racing on real tracks I have no problem racing on fantasy tracks as well. I would enjoy seeing some well done fantasy tracks on some of the titles that are typically considered more hardcore.

I would love some proper remakes of the classics - Trial Mountain primarily. :)

I find myself rooting for GT even though I don't see myself straying from AC any time soon. (As a physics modder, playing other racing games just confuses my senses. Counterproductive.) But I grew up on GT. I missed the first "golden age" of PC sims entirely but I played every Gran Turismo from 1 to 5 and it's shaped my car life more than any other single influence not only digitally but in real life as well. It's why I own a crazy modded WRX. It's why I lust after an R34. It's why I'm here.

And its physics deficiencies are why I play AC. :D

Meh. Fantasy tracks are hit and miss for me. With PD's tendency to create butter smooth racing surfaces completely devoid of character and nuance combined with the reported lack of FFB detail, they get boring pretty quickly, even if the layouts are interesting.

Dumb down the dramatics and make them look like real locations.

The dramatics are what make them so cheerfully iconic, in my book, though. The absurdly huge swathe of forestry draping over the climb up, the huge mountains draping where bland seating would be, the wide beautiful bridges and tunnels... they're great layouts, but that beautiful excess where so many real courses just have countless bleachers and empty fields is what makes them extremely memorable and fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back