F1 2015 Three controller profile

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

Can someone help me out with controller isses with F1 2015?

I have an old Thrustmaster F1 Wheel, with Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals.

I also have a SLI wheel display (although it looks like the SLI plugin doesn't talk to the display through this game yet).

I can't seem to get the game to accept that there are two controllers attached to the PC.

It detects one or the other but will not allow me to use both. I also can't move down through the settings list for each controller so at the moment the throttle and pedal are in reverse. I tried the F1 key to create a new controller profile but that seems un-active?

I have no issues at all with F1 2014, what have they done???

Thanks everyone.

I also use a Thrustmaster wheel and Fanatec pedals, but the game only recognizes one or the other. I had to get into the controller settings and press F1 to create a custom controller profile and assign the functions manually.

Thanks @Thorrior can you tell me then why the F1 key doesn't seem to do anything for me? Does it have to be on a certain line in the controller options? I can go to line 1 and 2 in the assignment listings but no lower. Will try again later and thanks for the reply. I was losing my patience with it last night! haha.

Well, either it is F1 or a button on your controller. I've go the T300 Wheel and there it is the Square Button. Anyway, there should be 2 buttons / keys displayed in the lower right corner of the screen. One is called 'Create Custom' and the other is 'Back'. When choose 'Create Custom' you should be able to navigate through the key mappings.

That's really strange.
Did you edit the action_map_preset_win.xml by any chance? I did that yesterday but then none of my controllers worked. I had to delete the file and verify integrity of game cache via Steam to get it to work again.

No I've only really just started playing the game last night. I will try verifying the game cache just in case it's missed an update or something went wrong. I admit it's very odd. I can't change any of the assignments at all, it's like it's locked within the game.

I'll add it identifies the wheel as DirectXInputdevice not Thrustmaster which may have something to do with it as well, I just need to play around I think.

Until then I'm going back to rFactor2 that likes my wheel :roflmao:

Thought I would update this thread to help others. the F1 key doesn't do anything, but I did randomly press all the buttons on the steering wheel and all of a sudden it allowed me to set the controls for the wheel and pedals. Job done.

The only issue now is the blur-vision this game generates :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%