Thoughts on playing AMS2 with Gamepad

Really struggling with this one...believe it or not, I also play AC, ACC, rfactor2 with gamepad and quite happy with the controllability of the cars in these games, however, not so with AMS. Experiencing extreme snap-overteer with most cars at corner entry and general poor control throughout making gamepad use for this game not really an option at the moment.

Is everyone else experiencing the same gamepad control issues and how do they differ from other sim titles? Any idea whether this issue might be still work in progress?

Thanks guys!

I'm almost in the same position as you Michael. My G25 stopped working recently and I've had to use a gamepad to get back racing in AMS, AC, ACC and RF2. I'm very happy with the way these titles support controllers and most cars are great fun to drive.

As b)b has said, I think gamepad support is very much WIP as most of the cars do not feel very intuitive at the moment. I find the open wheelers difficult to drive with a feeling of the car rotating around a middle axis, while the sprint cars feel more realistic and definitely more drivable.

As the game matures out of it's early access phase, I'm hoping Reiza will improve controller support and make the handling at least as good as it was in AMS. I'm just hoping that switching to a new engine hasn't restricted this area of development.

I use XBox one controller on all my race sims (AC, ACC, rF2, PC2. AMS, RRE). I also had problems with AMS2 in handling, oversteer, sliding etc. However I have tweaked Control/Figuration - the main impact on improving was Controller Damping up to 100%. The recent Hotfix also made a huge improvement in handling, for me.

I have copy/paste my settings, that may or may not help.

1586051843576.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back