Thoughts and Considerations after the Canadian GP

To me the most intriguing thing about Formula One is that everyone seems to think that their view of the sport is THE right way for it, and usually the loudest ones are the ones that think F1 should go back to 1960's regulations. Perfect demonstration of the Dunning Kruger effect.
I think your post is a perfect example of the Dunning Kruger effect (which you don't even seem to understand properly). You probably just read about this phenomena yesterday and now try to use it to justify why everyone else is wrong and you are right on a matter of opinion. Laughably pretentious.

"The Dunning Kruger effect is a cognitive bias whereby people who are incompetent at something are unable to recognize their own incompetence. And not only do they fail to recognize their incompetence, they’re also likely to feel confident that they actually are competent."

Poor Diogo certain does not understand the concept properly and in a perfect turn of irony demonstrates the effect for us all.

And don't even get me started on the "I don't watch F1 anymore because X and Y reasons" comments from people that for some reason feel obligated to comment on every discussion about Formula One that they don't like Formula One.

Having an opinion on F1 is like telling someone what kind of ice cream you like. There is no right or wrong answer as it's a matter of opinion based on whether that particular person is being entertained or not. At the end of the day if the sport is not entertaining people, it goes away.

They seem a bit all over the shop with these time penalty's, seeing as Vettel was out of control till he was back onto the driving line, there was nothing he could have done. And Hamilton only was impeded by having to lift off his throttle to avoid a possible accident (key word ACCIDENT) that let him close the gap between the two.
I thought that the time penalty's at Monaco were strange enough, Max gets a 5 sec penalty for unsafe release in pit lane, that's all you need is two cars coming together there with people everywhere an out of control car would make short work of, and other cars getting 10 sec penalty's for unsuccessful over takes on the race track, its hard enough to pass at Monaco as it is. may as well not pass and crash your way through the pits and gain 5 sec.
Surprised they didn't give Hamilton a time penalty in Monaco for having knackered tires and impeding the rest of the cars.
As Ron Dennis once said " Where is the consistency? its not wright"
If it had of been two other back marker cars would this penalty have been handled the same way?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.8%