Those of you who are using TV monitors. Which ones are you using?

Hey guys, I currently have a single 50" monitor Virtual GT Pro Simulator but I want to upgrade to triple 32's. I'm by no means a perfectionist so I don't need the very very best. Plus, my eyes are bad anyways. :)

Those of you who are using TV monitors, which ones are you using and how do you like them?

Any advice?

Thank you,
Eric

I run a sony W6 50" monitor. Very low input lag for a tv lower then a lot of the pc monitors out there actually. It broke after 1,5 year. I guess the good thing is it was still under warranty.

But yes I like it. 1080p is not that much of a resolution but on 32" I guess it might be quite okay with say 1 metre viewing distance.There is monitors up to the size of 40" at least but they are not necessarily cheaper. Most of the 34" 21:9 monitors I find or 40" 16:9 have around 25 ms in input lag. Not horrible but quite a bit more then the Sony W6. Not sure how competititive you are but me I really want to stay well below 20 ms at all times.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply!

I'm not competitive at all, in fact I'm pretty new to this. But I've always wanted a Virtual GT after trying one a few years ago, so I finally saved up and purchased one.

I'll be sitting a little more than a meter away. So, what are some specs that I should look for?

Here is a picture of how far I'll be sitting away from the Tv's.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
I run 3 of the UE32H5000, not sure if this is a UK designation for them (or 2013/4 model year?) but they look pretty similar with fairly slim bezels which is a bonus. In game mode they're OK I think is about the best that can be said about them. I had 2 already in the bedrooms and utilising those with buying one more was the most cost effective way for me to have triples. If I was buying 3 from scratch I'd probably go for 3 proper monitors with a little less real estate and higher frequency now. I sit about 700mm from them and they can look a little jaggy sometimes with a GTX 970 on mostly high to ultra settings.

Upvote 0
I though that with TV's, the 60 HZ are better than the higher ones. Is that what you're referring to with frequencies?

I'll be sitting about 1.5 meters away from the displays if that matters.

Upvote 0
There is no tvs with higher refreshrates then 60 hz. A lot of tv have have interpolation where they add fake images to create a soap opera effect. Causes artifacts and higher input lag nothing you want but it´s an efficient way to market tvs. This tv has more hertz then this one must be better right?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years