Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix - Singapore

Generally, I am not a huge fan of the balloons in AC, but I thought this worked quite well. I don't have any photos of sponsors using advertising balloons at the races but Rothmans invested a huge amount of cash and were the title sponsor, so it seems plausible enough to me.

add flocks of birds. Maybe the ks_flag shader can be set up to emulate fluttering wings :D

Hehe. yes it does feel a little "Crysis 1" at times (I wish :cool:). I know I am biased but I think the track works really well with the historic cars in AC. I had an amazing race last night with a field of Porsche 962s, but the Lotus 25 or Honda S800RSC are so much fun to drive around here :)

Generally, I am not a huge fan of the balloons in AC, but I thought this worked quite well. I don't have any photos of sponsors using advertising balloons at the races but Rothmans invested a huge amount of cash and were the title sponsor, so it seems plausible enough to me.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_longtail_thomson_16-1-117-10-27-18.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_longtail_thomson_16-1-117-10-26-17.jpg

I am just adding any details I can think of now - getting kinda scared that I'm nearing the end, so while I keep thinking of things to add it means I can put off hitting the "Upload" button and saying to myself "It's finished" :whistling:

Since I am one of those ballon haters, can they be easy removed in the case they get into the final version?

Thank you for the outstanding work, by the way. It is just that I cannot put up with those flying machines, altough I must say they look better than they usually do in other tracks:thumbsup:

• Deleted member 130869

Mmm look at those trees around the track :giggle:

Thanks so much for this track; the details you've put into it look amazing and really looking forward to trying it out.

I'll be honest, I was massively cynical about the choice of circuit to recreate, but having followed along for a while I think I couldn't have been more wrong.

Thanks again for all your hard work and the various previews!

I think it's great that someone brings the less known circuits to us. I haven't heard of Bilsterberg (though being in Germany) or Thomson Road Grand Prix before. We all know Spa, Monza, Silverstone inside out so it's good to learn new circuits.

I think it would be possible, but would mean a huge amount of work (for me) with dubious results.

The flag shader works such that the left edge of the texture makes the mesh remain static (i.e. where the flag is attached). To make the trees move convincingly would need to me remake all my tree models, or at the very least, re-map them. Plus, they would all sway in unison (if the same material was used) so to get any kind of randomness you would need to use many more materials than I currently use.

I think it would be possible, but would mean a huge amount of work (for me) with dubious results.
A huge amount of work for something you simply aren't going to notice when using the track for it's intended purpose is a bit of waste, in my opinion. Swaying trees are nice in games when you have time to admire the scenery, but in racing sims you really don't. And if you do, you're not driving fast enough!

A huge amount of work for something you simply aren't going to notice when using the track for it's intended purpose is a bit of waste, in my opinion. Swaying trees are nice in games when you have time to admire the scenery, but in racing sims you really don't. And if you do, you're not driving fast enough!
And in my opinion it is too much of a gimmick. The whole tree swaying is not realistic at all. Poznan has it on a few of the 3d trees and it doesn't look bad. But on Y trees it just looks wrong. It's a classic case of just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Probably by the end of the month. Unless I set myself a realistic deadline I could keep adding little details for ever :whistling:

I'm just trying to add some wear to the grass on the tighter corners, and I have a few more track-side objects I think would work well. Other than tweaking the AI line (again!) that's all there is to do, really. Oh, and i need to check my LOD values too - @After_Midnight said he saw a few things popping into view (cheers bud :thumbsup:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back