Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix - Singapore

As a temporary measure, and to make the Kunos people blend in more with my track, I just changed all the denim trousers to more neutral colours and even that has worked wonders :)

Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_spyder_rs_thomson_13-12-116-7-41-32.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_spyder_rs_thomson_13-12-116-7-48-36.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_spyder_rs_thomson_13-12-116-7-52-27.jpg

You kind of notice that they are there now - well, you notice that the grandstands aren't empty - but they don't catch your eye like the modern Kunos people do. If I can face it I intend to use Poser to render new 1960s people in appropriate clothing, but for now these will do :)

Oh, and I added the 'feel' of driving over the patches in the tarmac. I raised those sections in the physical mesh by 10mm and I can just about feel it through my T500RS in all but the softest cars :thumbsup:

Looks authentic enough for me. And when blasting by I will not pick out if the 60s clothing style is 100% perfect. Aldo some flower power might be cool. hahaha Aldo might not be the best country for hippies back then.

It looks beautiful ! :)

Very nice cams by norbs, I'd like to add that original cams by you, Alfie is not bad either. I remember some of them gave quite awesome view.

Is track wider now ? :D

I know, it was a very pleasant surprise to receive the camera file from norbs :confused:

Funnily enough I had been adjusting my original camera file just the other day, avoiding some trees and close-ups on the camera-facing people. Not many changes but slightly better now.

The track width hasn't changed, but I think it looks wider due to a combination of norbs' longer lenses and alternative views, and I also think the changes in tarmac colour break up the width and give you some visual reference. Or maybe it's the fact that I used the S800RSC in the video - you could race that car 5 abreast at Thomson Road! :roflmao:

Oh, and I added the 'feel' of driving over the patches in the tarmac. I raised those sections in the physical mesh by 10mm and I can just about feel it through my T500RS in all but the softest cars :thumbsup:
Not quite sure if that's realistic. Sure, I have no idea about roads in Singapore, but usually asphalt repairs aim at being as flush as possible (atleast here in the NL). An "injection" of a bit too much raw asphalt may occur, but I doubt the height difference is more than 2 mm. I haven't seen anything that much in my 10 years orso being a civil engineer.
In the end it might feel great, and if so, screw realism :p

Yeah, I didn't make it 10mm to accurately represent the patch - I just like the idea of it being barely noticeable, and 10mm was when I started to just about feel it. If people think it's really unrealistic I'm more than happy to remove it.

I know that here in the UK I drive on roads where I can feel (or hear) when I drive over a patch, and this track is set in 1960s Singapore!

(atleast here in the NL)

Exactly, and now in 21st century :D

In Lithuania repairs are often rather neat too, patches feels slightly almost everytime though. At least with my Opel Omega :D And it is quite soft car.

However there is one road which I drive frequently where patches are just terrible. They were fixing holes, and what they did is basically that they inverted them :D

Added the first patch of 3D grass today. Also been working on the tree density to increase immersion and jungle feel, added the twin lanes of road dirt (thanks for the suggestion @LilSki ). Also tried a bit of roadside debris :D Oh, and I finally got the AI to be more aggressive into the hairpins, thanks to @aphidgod - I had brakehint set to 0.8 (thinking it meant brake 80% of usual, to brake later) but what i should have put was brakehint=1.2 (telling the AI that their braking efficiency is 120% of normal, so they can afford to brake later). They are evil now, constantly trying to out-brake me up the inside :devilish:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_thomson_20-12-116-18-45-41.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_thomson_20-12-116-18-46-58.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_thomson_20-12-116-18-49-31.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_spyder_rs_thomson_20-12-116-17-48-8.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back