Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix - Singapore

Epic work in every aspect like I said in review:)
Shame is that with fast cars (Hyper) AI crashes on T1 uphill because to me layout is asking for most powerful cars.I hope you will find a way to fix it.
What a work of art!

Thank you :)

I understand your frustration with the hypercars, but honestly, this track was meant for cars from the 50s, 60s and 70s. I won't be looking to change the AI line to accommodate high-powered modern cars - I really don't think there is a way to make it work :(

If you really need to drive a fast car, you could try a modern F1 car - I think they probably have enough downforce to keep them low over The Hump :)

OK Thanks.My first tought from your first answer in reviews section was:souch a hard work to make this kind of track at this level and its shame not to race it with all that we have:;) I will try today with some oldschool Porches or open wheelers:)

Screenshot_ferrari_458_thomson_11-1-117-19-25-5.jpg

The jungle looks incredibly well. Is that distant uphill jungle part all tree walls ? I have similar task to do, and I can say that it is not that easy to make it look good, I find it especially difficult with pines (or maybe just have a bad texture, 2D is hard too). Did you blend different types of tree walls, or do some tricks to have such natural look ?

Just tree walls, and only a single texture too. The Y-shaped trees are only the first 2 rows along the track edge; everything else is tree wall. I had to make the walls double-sided due to certain camera angles, and I tried to make sure that no 'ends' of tree walls were visible. So where two walls met at 90°, I made sure that the end didn't stick through the wall.
treewalls_plan.jpg

treewalls_iso.jpg

I also added a few palm trees within the 'tree wall area' that were higher than the walls, adding a bit of variety and depth/realism.

I will have to achieve a similar effect on Deutschlandring as that also has areas of dense forest, although not as dense as TR. I will probably take the same approach (although with different plants and trees, obviously) - 3D grass right next to the tarmac, adding low bushes / tall grass about 2m from the tarmac, then bigger bushes, then small trees, then large trees, then tree walls. So the further away from the tarmac you are, the larger the vegetation is, and the lower the detail is.
grass_scene.jpg

I split my track in 20 sections. Each section had 9 different types of grass, 14 different plants, 13 different types of small trees, 13 different palms, 8 different types of deciduous trees, and a single type of tree wall. On maximum level of world detail you see around 7,500 grass objects, 200 plants, 170 small trees, 40 palm trees and 60 large trees - around 8,000 vegetation objects

x20 sections :confused: - 160,000 plant and tree objects. Assetto Corsa is truly amazing :inlove:

I need to test that track uploaded today, RTB made, guy boasts having 2 million trees on the track :rolleyes::sick: I expect 10 fps
It's bad. But not because of the amount of objects. It's how it is built. DIP is well over 3000 with single car with PNG and JPG textures all over.

Yet another case of the RTBs...

I need to test that track uploaded today, RTB made, guy boasts having 2 million trees on the track :rolleyes::sick: I expect 10 fps

Depends heavily on your hardware. I get 110-140 FPS there all day long. It will probably bring a potato to its knees, but maybe the warnings of doom and gloom are a bit overstated.

Depends heavily on your hardware. I get 110-140 FPS there all day long. It will probably bring a potato to its knees, but maybe the warnings of doom and gloom are a bit overstated.
they are, runs fine (drops to 33 fps only on some places). Its also loading relatively fast, so textures can't be that badly converted or multifold. But we're getting OT here :D

VtlOwbw.jpg

The previews didn't at all prepare me for how big this jump actually is. Especially in this tiny car. Luckily the first post after it isn't collidable cause it's very easy to run off the track if you try to do it at 200km/h. (it is fairly doable at full throttle in the FF with the right line, you just take off on one side of the road and land on the other)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%