This site is so slow .

Msportdan

@Simberia
what is with this site lately, totally frustrating and slow.

I have fibre and all other sites load up instantly, doing stuff on this site, writing messages scrolling etc is bad.. whats wrong?

I getting to the point I aint going to come here anymore, my typing hangs up its slow to type letters do not get input.

Get rid of the god damn ads please for one week. and see if the site improves.

I getting to the point I aint going to come here anymore, my typing hangs up its slow to type letters do not get input.

Don't get our hopes up Dan. :whistling:;)
Seriously though; Why don't you do a 1 month subscription Dan? Hardly notice the paltry amount would ya?
See if it is the Ads.

I am just a bit confused because maaaaaaaaaaaaaany people do not have any problem with the site speed, its running flawless - Even with ads.

I still dont know where the problem is, but i dont think the problem is coming from RD honestly.

Did you clear your cache? RD runs fine on every machine I try, and I try it on a lot of customer PC's.

I clear website and use CC cleaner everyday before shut down. Now its fine but that last post I wrote here I could barely type it it was just hanging up and some letters didn't even compute. Its the only site I have trouble with,, I take it people are on w10 using edge?

This is the only site this happens for me. Whatever the reason is for being slow I'm not sure but it is happening. The last couple weeks have been so bad I just exit out and go to Steam forums.

Wow. Since a few days it got really slow and especially laggy for me.
Never occured before as you can read above were i already commented a totally different view.

Sometimes the browser even is unable to do anything anymore. I have no idea what could cause this, as other sites run smooth. I dont think its something from racedepartment itself

@Dave Stephenson
I disabled everything on RD via NoScript and partly allowed stuff so that the site works. Its running normal now.

I assume that somewhere on RD there is a script running that slows everything down. Doesnt seem to be happening to everyone, maybe its dependent on the browser, device or version of the browser or anything.
Maye i'm gonna try to figure out which script caused the troubles on my computer, if i do i'll let you know. Maybe there is a way to change something after that. I dont really know but might be worth to have a look at

@Benutzername can you post your system, browser and connection type info?
List of scripts that you left enabled would also be great.
Windows 7, Firefox 47.0

Sorry, i am ot that informed about stuff, what do you mean with connection type? :redface::redface:

I disabled everything with NoScript but reallowed.
google-analytics.com
racedepartment.com
ajax.googleapis.com
The things i disallowed are:
sharethis.com
contextweb.com
kxcdn.com
pippio.com
sumome.com
quantserve.com
lijit.com

Furthermore i blocked every object that NoScript displays
6547f347766c6b020475fa0c3c07eacc.png

But i dont think that they were causing the problem, just couldnt find a way so far to allow them permamently again (only seem to find the temporary option) After allowing them temporarily the site still runs smooth

Not sure if i just wrote some utter bull**** or not, maybe it helps, as i said, i am not that well informed. But thats what NoScript dispalys to me and the site runs smooth again after this change.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%