This one is a thank you to all of the modders out there...

Been doing all my sim racing for the past 5 years on a PS4 because I didn't own a good PC. I decided a month ago to build myself a new system to play Raceroom. While I was waiting for my parts to arrive I considered ACC instead of Raceroom. Then I saw AC Ultimate on sale for $12 not knowing anything about the depths of the mods available. I decided to start with it since it was cheap and I just spent a ton on a PC so my budget was tight. Here's why I don't use Raceroom that much and can't see myself getting ACC anytime soon.

I just finished a 40 lap race at Road America with a Road America ai mod driving an RSS Bayro 6 through a day\night cycle and periodically changing weather. Battled the whole race for a top 20 position (yes only a top 20) and loved ever second of it. I didn't realize it until I was done, but every part of that race was a result of people who have taken the time to create and share their talents with this community. The only stock part of that race was the game itself and the ai cars. Everything else that made it great was created by someone else.

I'm sure their have been a million thank you threads over the years but since I'm new , here's mine. Thanks to all of the people who have created anything for this game, even things I may never try. If I could, I would donate to all of you because I know a little something about the time it takes to do stuff for PC games for others to enjoy. Years ago, I used to create custom golf courses when I was into PC golf games back in the early 2000's.

So I raise a glass (well another glass because I am on my 5th one now :) ) to all the people who make this $12 game feel like I should have paid $100 for all the content I get. I only wish I had gotten into this back in 2014 when the game was released. I feel like I've missed so much.

Being a new user, right now, is the best for an Assetto Corsa newbie imo. By using it now you're getting most of the mod cars, tracks, apps etc fully fleshed out, updated and working rather than them being in their infancy stage a few years ago. Many of the modders have wayyy passed their own newbie modding stage and are now masters of their work. I concur on everything you said!

Agreed. Thanks for writing this. I too have just joined AC after a few years of Dirt Rally and Project Cars and am blown away by the quality of things like Content Manager and Sol, to start with. Being able to just grab tracks and cars, adjust settings and dive into the quality content with the minimum of fuss is amazing. I raise my (only the second) glass too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back