This Is Cool... New V10 R-League Esport Series

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Recently a new Esport racing league with a bit of a difference was brought to my attention - and frankly it's that cool, I thought it worth telling you all about.
  • New series using futuristic formula style car.
  • Car developed by popular modding team RSS with help of former McLaren lead designer.
  • Run in partnership with Gfinity and broadcast globally on TV.

Not my usual type of article I must admit, however when this interesting new series was brought to my attention by our friends at Race Sim Studio (RSS), and upon further investigation, I thought it well worth a little time to share with the wider sim racing community.

Developed very much as an alternative to traditional esport activities, the new series is innovative in many ways, not least of which is the introduction of a specially developed high performance open wheel formula car - created with input from Gordon Coppuck no less, the man responsible for the now legendary McLaren M23 that powered Emerson Fittipaldi to Formula One World Championship success in 1974.

rL middle.jpg

Quick Series Facts
  • £100,000 prize pool.
  • 7 tracks within the series.
  • 8 professional esport teams.
  • 84 individual race 'match' events.
  • Next match September 21st
The idea behind the series is to pitch big name teams and drivers into battle against each other, but rather than having a no holes barred race with a grid full of cars, the series has three different format styles.

Head-to-head. Each team will race one another in three short head-to-head races, with the team that takes two wins being declared the victor.

Relay Race. Each driver heads out on track, one at a time, swapping in the pits with a teammate. The fastest team across all three drivers scores the point.

Sprint Race. All six drivers take to the track, with team scores for the round awarded based on positions. The highest score gets the point - but, unlike other rounds, this one can result in a draw,

Wanting to know more about the car and how it came about? This makes for some interesting viewing indeed:

All sounds pretty unique and interesting, and a great achievement for the RSS team to get this new and exciting car involved in such a high profile adventure.

Find out more about the series: Click Here.

V10 R-League is now live, with broadcast deals worldwide on BT Sport and other TV channels.

What do you think of the idea behind the series? Let us know thoughts in the comments section below!

rLeague footer.jpg

Been three rounds and still don't know how to watch live...
However it's really interesting how a V10 formula car with such little downforce aero design would drive like

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.4%