This is an offer of help for Rfactor 2

As the title says, I'm no expert and I found it all daunting to start with but If any newcomers want to know how to get into RFactor2 and what to download and what not to download plus some graphic settings just either reply in here or PM me. I've spent the last 2 weeks just on this game and it's flippin amazingly the bestest lol game I've ever played. It can seem a pain at first but trust me, it's soo easy. Anyway the offer is there if anyone needs it.

Cheers

yes please, just today gave rF2 a try, wow do overwhelming...

so many settings...don't even know where to start to be honest!
1) CSW V2 + CSP V2 (just calibrated and have not touched anything!)
2) GFX/ graphics settings...have not tried or done anything...no clue what is what.
3) in game stuff like AI, difficulties, settings and other stuff was so overwhelming that I exited game to race with AC couple of laps
4) rF2 for me first glance...am overwhelmed.

any help is appreciated!

PS: my hardware:
hi, sorry had forgotten to post hardware specs, maybe experts here can instruct and give recommendations:

MOBO: Asus RVE
CPU: Intel i7-5930K
RAM: 32GB Corsair Dom.Platinum DDR4 3000
GPU: 2-WAY SLI Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X
SOUND: Asus RVE & Asus Xonar DGX
DRIVES: Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD, 850 EVO 256GB SSD and Seagate Hybrid 4TB SSHD
PSU: Corsair AX1200i 1200W
CASE: Corsair Graphite 730T
DISPLAY: Samsung 40" UN40H6350AFXZA
GEAR:
Fanatec CSW Base V2
Fanatec CSW BMW GT2 Wheel
Fanatec CSP V2 (shock mod)

There is a wheel settings conversation in here recently. Use the search function on that one.
Hang on that was for you. Why are you asking again for wheel settings??
...hang on! oh because there is a lot more than just the push the pedals, steer left and right and gear shift calibration...a lot of other settings there and there is nothing wrong posting and asking experienced members for help. unless I missed the rules of not being allowed to post or there being the "David O'Reilly" police?!? frankly, instead of your post above, at least you could have replied with something productive to the thread...either in form of a question or answer. and if you read the OP my post is well placed here!
that is why usually end up PM'ing with members and never post anything, and how 90% of others feel about some members posts here...just like your reply! zero help and trying to say what exaclty????

OK, back to Topic (original thread OP!)

On your CSW:

Sen: off
FFB: 100
Sho: 50 (wheel-base vibration)
ABS: 95 (brake pedal vibration: makes the nice ABS feel when brake at 95%)
Lin: off
Dea: Off
Dri: off
For: 110 (hardware FFB multiplier)
Spr: off
Dpr: off (use the ingame smoothing or damping)

Ingame: i've everthing default.

Ingame: ==> option ==> difficulty:
Turn everything off: Only use TV, ABS, and auto-clutch if you want too.

Graphics:
I think you can max everything with your rig. If you encounter stutter or bad FPS: turn off the SLI or set in card to do "physx".
Press "ctrl-f" to get a fps counter ingame.

Last edited:
@David O'Reilly - sry mate my apologies for going off there, but was reacting to the fact of several official forums where one asks questions simply because no clue about games and controllers and graphic settings and people post all kind of rude ways. you have helped greatly and appreciate you taking your time to post details and share your settings/ info. thx again for the other thread post!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.1%