F1 2010 This has the Potential to be a Good Game

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

As the title says, it can be a good game, but first I need to figure out why the game is not saving. I ran the first two events and everything was fine. I shut exited out of the game after the press conf. When I went back about an hour later to go for the third event I was back at the first race of the season. Auto save is on at least that what it say at the beginning of the load. I had this happen in the standard Grand Prix mod where you can be any driver, but I though once I started my career it would be different.

I have not added the patch but I have added the Real Sunlight mod and the 100% tank fuel and AI brake a little later.

Is anyone else having this trouble?

from my experience in a track that you have R&D task, if you don't finish all sessions (practice, qualify)without exiting the game, somehow it corrupts the savegame.Happened to me 2 times (Hungary,Singapore) but after that i had no problems again(even after the patch).Try finishing all sessions,make a lap of the race and after that you can quit end exit with no problems.It's only with the tracks with R&D task.

Thanks for the reply. When you say finish all sessions, do you mean let the actual time run out. I did about 15 laps in the practice session then I used the F2 key to advance through the remaining time, and then ran a few qualifying laps and did the same. I than ran the race and completed it. I was in the short race at 20%. So I only did one practice session and one qualifying sessions.

Thanks again for your reply. I did an uninstall last night and re-installed the game. I have not tried to statrt my career yet, only did a few time trials to get my setups back in. I plan to try out the career later today and see if it now saves without any of the mods I had installed. I will next add the patch to see what happens. I post up my results.

Thanks, I downloaded the file you supplied the link to and will us it I need to, but I am a little lost on the statement;

"or use flow from unpatched version of game, after that you can use mods and game saves". I see the flow file located in the system folder of the actual game. Not sure what I need to do.

Well it all seems to be working correctly at this point. I reinstalled the game as I mentioned earlier. I ran the first round and exited the game and than about an hour later restarted the game ans was able to go to the sound round. I decide when I reloaded the game to set myself up in the Lotus team. Well these cars are as slow as the real version and not a well handling car either. So it seems like they got this game right after all. I was playing in the Grand Prix mode and was able to beat everyone by 40-45 seconds driving the Williams.

Not sure at this time if I will install the patch. I may try a few mods, such as one of the improved lighting and the improved rain drops.

One last point, I just ordered this on eBay and it came from some vendor in India, any chance that Codemasters releast a newer disk that has the patch 1.01 already incorporated on the disk?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%