This game relies too much on an internet connection.

I havent noticed this until now. Right now I dont have my wired internet connection and im relying on my neighbors wifi for internet access. Because of that my connection is very spotty and slow at times. When im wired. this game runs buttery smooth with a solid 60 fps maxed out. But now that my internet connection is slow, this game lags everywhere. from the menus to the actual races. Especially when its showing a lap or section time mid race. Does anyone else have this issue? Is this game even playable without an internet connection?

That makes more sense. Are you talking MP?

I have a terrible internet connection and I have no real problem with it on single player...sure it takes a bit on new best lap times etc... but nothing too bad.

what sort of signal are you getting? packet loss etc...? In general, wireless sucks....I use both for it and the lan is way, more consistent...obviously.

I do agree that they need to improve the net communication and speed in the areas that require the internet.

That makes more sense. Are you talking MP?

I have a terrible internet connection and I have no real problem with it on single player...sure it takes a bit on new best lap times etc... but nothing too bad.

what sort of signal are you getting? packet loss etc...? In general, wireless sucks....I use both for it and the lan is way, more consistent...obviously.

I do agree that they need to improve the net communication and speed in the areas that require the internet.
No not on mp. This is during a sp race. I agree wireless does suck. I cant wait to get my eired connection back up and running. As far as connection all i know is its a poor connection

ok , close your eyes ... now open them ...now look at r3e with some fresh eyes , view it as a mmo .... do mmo's need an internet connection ?

the game is a racing game based around an experience , the experience competitions /stats /challenges are all through the web portal
i know there has been some discussion about making an offline mode between end users , but if you did that theni think not much would be left

Andi

ok , close your eyes ... now open them ...now look at r3e with some fresh eyes , view it as a mmo .... do mmo's need an internet connection ?

the game is a racing game based around an experience , the experience competitions /stats /challenges are all through the web portal
i know there has been some discussion about making an offline mode between end users , but if you did that theni think not much would be left

Andi
I disagree, Having an option to run singleplayer races purely offline would be a good move. Not everyone has unlimited or fast internet. For a game that you put so much money into, You should have the option to play it when and where you want without the restriction of needing an internet connection. Maybe the free content should be limited to online only but the content that you pay for shouldnt. In my case the poor internet is only temporary but im sure ther are some that dont have that luxury.

BTW i dont want you to think I hate this game or anything. This game has moved to the top of my list within the past few months. I guess thats why im complaining, because i play so much now that when something affects my playtime I get frustrated hahah.

we have had this discussion a few times here , the game has no offline mode because you are missing (as far as i understand) stuff; this is i believe part of the protection of the game its assets and you against cheaters ... an offline mode would open that up to being hacked or ripped more easily ....
When you bought the game i didnt have the option for offline play , i didnt promise it would have ..... so why now ?
the game is updated and patched by internet , most of the screens you see have some sort of web base .....

seriously i dont understand

Andi

yes your not offline , laptimes /stats /car use/etc etc etc is happening

Andi

To my point of view : I do understand the model of r3e, I get it and I have nothing against it as long as I don't have any connexion issue.

But :why can't the SP parts of the game be less dependant on the connexion?
You may need a connexion to be able to launch the game and the race, but once the session is started you shouldn't have to rely on the quality of your Internet connexion.
Everything you say about laptime etc doesn't justify it . This kind of data can be stored local during the session and send at the end.
I really don't see the point where you should have a solid connexion during a race/session in SP. All verification /transfer /etc can be done before and after..

I really don't see the point where you should have a solid connexion during a race/session in SP. All verification /transfer /etc can be done before and after..

it doesnt; i just tested , 20 minute race wtcc monza full grid .... on the grid i pulled the power to my router ...no lags no spikes no nothing ran the full race got results up and then on the next click got the internet dead message ; but i ran my race
ai was perfect , ffb good,no glitches no drama

Andi

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%