This game looks incredible with Nvidias new DSR

Im sure most of you nvidia users have already downloaded the latest driver for their card, but for those who didnt, Nvidia cards can now downsample up to 4k resolutions with minimal performance hits. Ive been mainly messing around with Assetto Corsa since that game had so AA issues, but I decided to bump up the res in GSC and man does it look great. Check out the screens below.
2607le1.png

205vc5z.png

5d5phv.png

That looks good. Please excuse my complete technical ignorance, but how do I enable downsampling. Is it restricted to Maxwell GPUs or is it also enabled for lower spec cards like my GTX 670?

Thanks
the update today should have enabled it for your card as well. open up nvida control panel and go to manage 3d settings. it should be under global settings called DSR located after the CUDA -GPUs setting. I dont think it works with triple screen or sli yet so if you have those it wont be enabled.

gtx 780 here and my drivers havent updated 344.11 (beta drivers checked) and im not seeing any options for this in my nvidia control??

edit: checked on nvidia driver search page and im seeing 344.48, not finding this using the geforce updater.

The setting has shown on my updated driver on a GTX660Ti. I need to do some comparison shots side by side (just at work now for next 8 hrs) but initial impressions are very good looks great with sweetfx running as well. Minimal to no performance hit as well. You got to hand it to Nvidia's guru's, they are some seriously talented people.

cant wait, my 458 rim came a couple of days ago and while the smaller rim size took a bit of getting used to the ffb seems even more precise and no more stretching to hit the static t500 paddles, need to find where i put the shifter mounting bracket for my rig now...somewhere tooooo safe i suspect.

hmmmm, just been switching 4x dsr on and off and in all honesty im not seeing a huge difference if any to the amount of jaggies im seeing on screen.

just tried alien isolation which ive found to show jaggies pretty badly and i was seeing the exact same level of aliasing with 4x dsr on as off, running all settings maxed and forcing 16x q AA.

@Jok3sta what amount of dsr smoothing were you using in your grabs? LOD clamp forced on using a dll?

Last edited:
I only had chance to have a very quick try this morning, I'll need some comparison screenshots with the various settings which I cant try until this evening. Can anyone with access today post any before and after shots?

Image 1: no AA and no DSR - 1920x1080
GRAB_013.jpg

Image 2: no AA and 4x DSR (0% DSR smoothing) - 1920x1080
GRAB_005.jpg

Image 3: no AA and 4x DSR (100% DSR smoothing) - 1920x1080
GRAB_028.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Marc :)

I would say after zooming to 200% and a lot of flicking between the two images I can see a difference for the better but it is not immediately obvious. I think I had 33% effect or smoothing well whatever the default was at 4K. I did a quick test with Wasteland 2 and that did look nicer.

I can see I have a evening of menus and settings coming up :(

Just added a 3rd image with the smoothing @ 100%, im unconvinced its doing what it claims to be doing, another odd thing I noticed was the ability to check more than one box in the dsr drop down menu, it lists them when u select more than one??

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 409 39.9%