This game looks incredible with Nvidias new DSR

Im sure most of you nvidia users have already downloaded the latest driver for their card, but for those who didnt, Nvidia cards can now downsample up to 4k resolutions with minimal performance hits. Ive been mainly messing around with Assetto Corsa since that game had so AA issues, but I decided to bump up the res in GSC and man does it look great. Check out the screens below.
2607le1.png

205vc5z.png

5d5phv.png

how is it, in terms of quality and performance, compared to supersampling AA?
I personally prefer the look I have now in GSCE with it running, but as for the actual differences you may need a lot of screenshots and a magnifying glass.

Performance wise depends on how far you go with the settings the ones I settled on give me a cleaner/crisper look (with sweetFX) and also I now have the track map back, so until I start fiddling again I am happy with that.

So what game settings are you using? what about AA, I have that on level 4 in game, shadows on medium, everything else maxed. So with these settings it looks pretty good to me. I've tried all the DSR combinations but can't seem to get it just right so I've ended up back at plan A for now otherwise it's do a lap change a setting, do a lap change a setting, do a lap change a setting you see where I'm going lol

It does look significantly sharper with downscaling. My problem is because I use dual monitors, it effectively pushes everything off the second monitor when I load up the game, I guess because Windows thinks the resolution is 3840 x 2160. Maybe they'll introduce a way to sort that out.

I did look at trying to get GeDoSaTo working with it, which is a more advanced version of the downsampling tool by Durante, but running it on the config program causes a BEX error for me so I can't set the resolution.

I personally prefer the look I have now in GSCE with it running, but as for the actual differences you may need a lot of screenshots and a magnifying glass.

Performance wise depends on how far you go with the settings the ones I settled on give me a cleaner/crisper look (with sweetFX) and also I now have the track map back, so until I start fiddling again I am happy with that.
Can I request a copy of your Sweetfx settings? Thanks.

Although I thought DSR was the holy grail at first for my GFX card, the settings I had originally work better for me using Nvidia inspector. Get more stable FPS and look just the same. Also I hate wasting gaming time messing with settings, so I will stick to what I know works for me.

Although I thought DSR was the holy grail at first for my GFX card, the settings I had originally work better for me using Nvidia inspector. Get more stable FPS and look just the same. Also I hate wasting gaming time messing with settings, so I will stick to what I know works for me.

Hi @Paul Smith can I request your sweetfx settings, and perhaps inspector settings too. Thanks.

Hi all,
Started using dsr today instead of nv inspector. I did not backup my old dx9 dll please could someone tell me how to get my track map back please.
The game looks awesome so glad I have it now, not sure I will renew my iracing subs, the sense of speed is wow.
Is is worth using sweet fx with drs I am currently down to about 180fps with 4.00 and 33% smoothness, what does smoothness do exactly. would 100% be better?
On a side note love the spotter addon.

Cheers for now
Champs

Hi all,
Started using dsr today instead of nv inspector. I did not backup my old dx9 dll please could someone tell me how to get my track map back please.
The game looks awesome so glad I have it now, not sure I will renew my iracing subs, the sense of speed is wow.
Is is worth using sweet fx with drs I am currently down to about 180fps with 4.00 and 33% smoothness, what does smoothness do exactly. would 100% be better?
On a side note love the spotter addon.

Cheers for now
Champs
DSR doesn't make a hide difference but it definitely looks better. As for smoothness, 33 is just right. 100 is too blurry and 0 is to sharp

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back