MGP17 This game is diamonds in a rough

Try to mod physics lately. Turn out all we get is reduced realism. Here's what I edit:
\DATA\PHYSICS\VEHICLES\PLAYERDATA\125CC_2_STROKE\125_YAMAHA_TZ125_1997.BML

I use TZ 125 for example. On vehicle element, there is realism value. On vanilla, we get 0.7. After I buffed up to 1. Damn, the effect so realistic! Bike is wobble on high speed. Too much front brake? You'll lost traction. My instinct, this game engine is a gem. Just waiting for modder to unleash the kraken.

Try it for Yourself man.

Try to mod physics lately. Turn out all we get is reduced realism. Here's what I edit:
\DATA\PHYSICS\VEHICLES\PLAYERDATA\125CC_2_STROKE\125_YAMAHA_TZ125_1997.BML

I use TZ 125 for example. On vehicle element, there is realism value. On vanilla, we get 0.7. After I buffed up to 1. Damn, the effect so realistic! Bike is wobble on high speed. Too much front brake? You'll lost traction. My instinct, this game engine is a gem. Just waiting for modder to unleash the kraken.

Try it for Yourself man.
Under the physics department I agree.
But it's a game first and it has to be playable offline against the AI.
Regarding that point is far off from be a gem.

Under the physics department I agree.
But it's a game first and it has to be playable offline against the AI.
Regarding that point is far off from be a gem.

Yes... physics wise, it's more detailed than assetto corsa i think. Just wonder if we can found perfect formula. A bike that's give joy to ride.

On ai, i don't know, i'm not touching it. But given you have spend so much time last year on ai, i think you know it better than me. But i believe, good physics will improve enjoyment when playing this game. Lately while playing vanilla, ai hitting me on corner due to fact i need to brake earlier. But now its different after i beef up brake power. I can match ai braking point and sometime do late braking too and yeah now front tire can slip too due to higher braking force. At this point, its quite challenging yet more playable than vanilla. Somehow it give me same feeling back to my younger days while playing motogp urd or ricky charmichael motocross.

My problem now is seems ai have better cornering. Dont know why, each time i try to follow ai racing line, i tend to wider than ai. I already try reduce damper and increase suspension travel. My reason, vanilla version is too stiif. I barely see front suspension is working under heavy braking and rear is too stiff under cornering. But still, on mid corner, ai have better racing line. Maybe you can shed me light on this?

Yes... physics wise, it's more detailed than assetto corsa i think. Just wonder if we can found perfect formula. A bike that's give joy to ride.

On ai, i don't know, i'm not touching it. But given you have spend so much time last year on ai, i think you know it better than me. But i believe, good physics will improve enjoyment when playing this game. Lately while playing vanilla, ai hitting me on corner due to fact i need to brake earlier. But now its different after i beef up brake power. I can match ai braking point and sometime do late braking too and yeah now front tire can slip too due to higher braking force. At this point, its quite challenging yet more playable than vanilla. Somehow it give me same feeling back to my younger days while playing motogp urd or ricky charmichael motocross.

My problem now is seems ai have better cornering. Dont know why, each time i try to follow ai racing line, i tend to wider than ai. I already try reduce damper and increase suspension travel. My reason, vanilla version is too stiif. I barely see front suspension is working under heavy braking and rear is too stiff under cornering. But still, on mid corner, ai have better racing line. Maybe you can shed me light on this?
AI follows splines (lines on the track), you should modify they're racing line. There's not much phsyics involved with AI racing lines except for braking points and speed

I agree. LOVE the potential. AWESOME sound, too. No problems such as slow menus like people have reported. This is by far the most fluent version. Never been on track this fast, short load times and the promised 60fps on full detail. NICE!! Step in the right direction.

Just got the game and cannot wait to mod away. Thanks to Jonix for already supplying his track update gems!! :ninja:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back